AVIC411.com

AVIC-D3 issues with location on map...

• 3 years later...

Settings > Modify Current Location > Drag arrow to where you actually are.

Drive a while and see if it fixes it. It helps to be on as straight a road as possible, or even a highway.

my current location is accurate but the arrow is upside down...it only drives sideways and upside down....im sooo anooyed with this D3 :(

• 3 weeks later...

my current location is accurate but the arrow is upside down...it only drives sideways and upside down....im sooo anooyed with this D3 :(

Was the D3 previously in another vehicle? If so, you need to go into the nav and reset the calibration to your specific vehicle. Let it relearn on your car. That seems to be fixing mine. Let us know if that works.

• 2 weeks later...

Was the D3 previously in another vehicle? If so, you need to go into the nav and reset the calibration to your specific vehicle. Let it relearn on your car. That seems to be fixing mine. Let us know if that works.

Didnt want to start a new thread but this is the exact problem I have been having. I had the unit in my car since new (2007) updated the maps and switched it to my SUV 2 weeks ago and having a time with it staying on track.

I have done the modify location and it will work great for about 15 mintues and then it gradually starts to go sideways and backwards and all kinds of ways. Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks.

Didnt want to start a new thread but this is the exact problem I have been having. I had the unit in my car since new (2007) updated the maps and switched it to my SUV 2 weeks ago and having a time with it staying on track.

I have done the modify location and it will work great for about 15 mintues and then it gradually starts to go sideways and backwards and all kinds of ways. Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks.

I had the same exact problem. You have to go into the calibration setting and reset all the fields. It has to re-learn for the new vehicle. This fixed the problem in my SUV. good luck. Let us know if it works.

Yeah i did this last night. Its in the 3D settings. I cleared all 3 fields and then reset the unit. Seems to be working pretty good again so far.

My only other question would be before i had some info on the speed pulse field. Now it stays at 0.

is your VSS wire hooked up? If not, than there wont be anything there.