AVIC411.com

New question about Z1 & Sirius...(Ducatiboy??)

As Ducatiboy "The Man" Steve has pointed out, there's really only 1 station to listen to on Sirius, and that is Hairnation. My wife's Jeep Liberty has Sirius, and when I listen to it on her crappy stock stereo, the station sounds HORRIBLE!!! It's so compressed & BW limited, it's way worse than any MP3 I've ever heard. I can only imagine how horrible it will sound on my really good sounding stereo. It's so terrible, that I got to thinking it can't be that bad from the source, they'd go out of business- maybe it's her head unit & tuner that suck so bad.
What does everybody think about Sirius sound quality w/ the Pioneer tuner & the Z1? TIA.
I have the Sirius tuner and Z1. I actually prefer the 1st Wave (Station 22). The sound is much better with the Z1. My wife has it Sirius on her OEM radio and it's nowhere close to my Z1. I also have the iPod adapter and that's where the Sirius does not compare. I have all my .mp3 at 192kbs and they sound better than Sirius. Hope this helps. Overall I'm very happy with the Sirius tuner for the Z1. I would suggest going to a big box store (BestBuy, Circuit City and see if they have a Pioneer Sirius tuner and see for yourself.).
I have had both Sirius and XM on 3 different HU's over the past two years and the Sirius always sounds amazing. In one of my cars I actually use the Sirius S50 through the built in FM modulator and it sounds crystal clear.

Now, XM that is a different story. It doesn't sound bad, but in my humble opinion the sound quality is MUCH better on sirius then XM. This goes for the Z1 as well, although the XM display and interface are much better then sirius on the Z1.

My guess is that your wifes Jeep's sound system or the install must be not so hot...
On my Z1 Sirius sounds like a halfway decent mp3, not something I'd want to listen to but its better than nothing. XM however sounds so bad I get a headache and this is with a "very strong signal". The term I've heard before is it sounds like its coming out of a tin can which is a good description to me.
Sirius compresses each channel differently, so some channels have better quality then others. Howard 100 has the best quality, because it is the most listened to station. I believe Sirius Love (Chan 3) has pretty low sound quality.

The best place to get any Sirius information is the forums on [url=http://www.siriusbackstage.com]Sirius Backstage[/url]