AVIC411.com

XM connected but can't get past the preview channel!

Hey guys this is my first post here. Got a new D3X package put in my 01 QX4 . I'm using my 1 year old XM receiver from my DEH-BT9800 and I can't get past the preview channel. I had let my subscription lapse with XM so I re-ssubscribed and have refreshed the unit a bunch of times. The XM NAV Traffic is also showing as not having a signal. Does anyone know about this?

Thanks for the help!

Billy

Which number XM tuner? Terk model or Pioneer model?

I'm using the pioneer GEX-P920XM. I have already done this once with my old head unit and it worked great and the car was in the same exact parking spot and I haven't re-routed my antenna either. Is it possible that it's not connected in the right spot on the xm module or can it only connect in one place?

Billy

You can only connect the antenna in one place. If you're getting the preview channel, then your signal should be good.

Have you tried hitting the reset switch on the XM tuner? I had to do that to my 920 this morning because it was totally wigged out.

I haven't tried that yet, I'm going to pull my dash apart now and check it out. Do you have to refresh it after its reset?

Thanks!

I didn't have to refresh mine, I just did a reset and it started working again. Mine's under the front seat, so it's easy to get to :)

Mine ended up being by my accelerator and the reset button in easy to hit. But, that didn't solve my problem. Unfortunately it's still not working and the tech support at XM has no clue, what a surprise. Are there any firmware updates for the D3 that might fix this?

Mine ended up being by my accelerator and the reset button in easy to hit. But, that didn't solve my problem. Unfortunately it's still not working and the tech support at XM has no clue, what a surprise. Are there any firmware updates for the D3 that might fix this?

Please don't take offense to this (hey, it happened to me once) but are you sure you connected the IP-BUS cable correctly? Meaning, is black to black and blue to blue?

Why the heck did Pioneer made it to where either IP-BUS cable end will fit into either color (input or output) plug I'll never know................................

But I had a very similar problem. Discovered the IP-BUS cable on the XM tuner was in the wrong plug. Switched it, worked perfectly.

Just a suggestion..............

--Ryan

Please don't take offense to this (hey, it happened to me once) but are you sure you connected the IP-BUS cable correctly? Meaning, is black to black and blue to blue?

Why the heck did Pioneer made it to where either IP-BUS cable end will fit into either color (input or output) plug I'll never know................................

But I had a very similar problem. Discovered the IP-BUS cable on the XM tuner was in the wrong plug. Switched it, worked perfectly.

Just a suggestion..............

--Ryan

Thanks for the suggestion Ryan, no offense taken. there's lots of noobs out there, luckily I'm not one of em :). Everything was connected properly. I pulled the unit and found out that it's not one that's XM Nav Traffic capable anyways so I'm about to go pickup a new one. The people at Pioneer said to send it back to them as it still sounds as if it's faulty. So if anyone is interested I'll have an extra XM radio receiver.

Thanks for the help!

Billy

Well I picked up a GEX-P10XMT and installed it and it works great. Connected about 5min after activation and the XM Nav Traffic started up without a hitch. After taking my old unit out I saw the terrible cable management job an old installer did, talk about lazy. Everything was held together with double backed tape and wires were tied together with electrical tape. This really pissed me off, but it gave me a chance to get inside my car and do it the right way.

Billy