AVIC411.com

z1 and a 07 suburban...

I have had the Z-1 in my 07 avalanache for a few weeks now. I had the same factory unit you have, our vehicles are identical. I did a search for my post, here's the link... I posted in there all the part numbers and links you need. Good luck...

[url=http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1009]http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1009[/url]
I have a Chevy Silverado pickup which I believe has the same frame and dash as your vehicle. Crutchfield told me no way would it fit, but it has been installed for a few weeks now. The key is that the Chevy doesn't have a very deep opening behind the double din radio opening. A little modification and the Head unit fits like a charm.
Have AVIC-Z1 in my 2007 Avalanche also. Had a 6 CD Changer also like you described. Z1 Fits perfectly. Works great too. You shouldn't have much difficulty. A plastic tab that was inside the dash had to be trimmed because the accessories (Bluetooth, Steering wheel control box) Made it that much more hard to fit. But once the plastic piece was trimmed, it sat beautifully. Good Luck
[quote name="StevenRapp"]I have a Chevy Silverado pickup which I believe has the same frame and dash as your vehicle. Crutchfield told me no way would it fit, but it has been installed for a few weeks now. The key is that the Chevy doesn't have a very deep opening behind the double din radio opening. A little modification and the Head unit fits like a charm.[/quote]

There are no similarities between the 07 gm model lines and the 99 through 06 model line. Everything has been changed, basically just tossed out the old interior and came to plate with a whole new get up.

The dash in the 07's has loads of space as the heater/ac controls only take up about inches of depth under the radio, as does the traction control parking assist button controls. Plenty of room for all the accesories for the Z-1 and then some.
  • 1 month later...
are you angry.... i picked the dash kit. i could have flush mount but didnt want to wait to get a kit that was backordered twelve weeks. I have never liked the gm nav products so the z1 was a great find. i had a n1 in my 02 tahoe and loved it.

all of my steering wheel controls work flawlessly. I have a xm-navtraffic unit enroute. they were backordered....