AVIC411.com

Navigation Help

Hey guys, this is my first post on here!

So I love the new Z1. It's a little harder to get the right sound from all of the speakers than it was with the Alpine, but I am slowly getting it. I have subs, and two amps. Not quite as good of an equalizer... Nevertheless my question is with the navigation.

Here in New York there is a road Sunrise Highway. The Z1 thinks it's a secondary road. But the speed limit on this road is 55 MPH. The problem is when I am doing 70mph or so and in the left lane, then the navigation (when I am on a radio screen) will not give me a heads up that a right turn is coming up until I am .1 miles away. On a highway it usualy will give me a .3 mile heads up. ANy wya to change that? I was hoping that since I do not have the VSS wire hooked up, and am hooking it up tomorrow (Tuesday) that will help correct it. I have a 2006 Nissan Frontier Truck. Any help is appreciated. When I called and spoke to the people at the Pioneer Factory they were less than helpful. Nice, and pleasant, but not very helpful. Said "Maybe we will make it speed sensitive in the future, but there are NO plans for a firmware upgrade at this time."

The only other thing I wanted to know was if we can get weather. I use XM Weather in my airplane (just a small Cessna, nothing crazy here...) But the Alipine car unit I used to have displayed weather when I bought the XM Traffic. Would be nice to have it here too.

Thanks in advance,

Nathan

[b]Ducatiboy[/b], ordered your circuit, recieved it two freaking days later. . . You should switch to Fedex overnite... Two days... Haha, kidding man, that is the FASTEST I have ever gotten anything, and it works amazing! [b]THANK YOU SIR!!!!!![/b]
[quote name="atcnorman"][b]Ducatiboy[/b], ordered your circuit, recieved it two freaking days later. . . You should switch to Fedex overnite... Two days... Haha, kidding man, that is the FASTEST I have ever gotten anything, and it works amazing! [b]THANK YOU SIR!!!!!![/b][/quote]

I'm not sure of the first part, but as for this... you are very welcome. I try to stay on top of orders as much as possible. Some friends say I should do a 2-3 day shipping turn around, to make my life easier. But what's the difference if I ship todays orders in 3 days or today? They got to ship, if I wait then I have a few days off, but I end up working on orders from 3 days ago and never get caught up. So I find it easy to ship out as soon as I get the order. Thanks again, and you are VERY WELCOME! Please just use it safely.
It sounds to me like that highway may not be digitized (and verified) by the mapping company. I have run into those kinds of issues with both my Nav systems on those types of roads.

By the way, I'm not exactly sure what they mean when they say a road isn't digitized and verified. The road still shows up on the map...and it will even display the name of the road...but they say it's not digitized and verified?? Whatever that is...it does indeed make a difference on the way the Nav system treats it. This is the same on both the Z1 and my Acura Nav...and they use different mapping providers.