AVIC411.com

2 iPod related questions

Hey all, just got my D3 installed the other day and so far it's been pretty great. I just have two questions but there's so many iPod related threads on here it's hard to sift through and find what I need.

First is the scrolling, I'm sure some of you have me beat (probably by a lot) but I have 59 pages of artists and getting to "Y" is pretty rough. Is there any easier way than pushing the down button on the screen 58 times? I'm going to end up killing someone if that's the case :!:

Second thing is that I keep my iPod in the glovebox because that's where the cable is. I haven't had a good chance to test but if I just shut off my car I've seen that the Pioneer screen stays on. Will my iPod eventually shut off? (It's a 30GB video for reference).

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Even better than chaning your genre would be to create playlists. You can have itunes or winamp create smart playlists. I use winamp to have it put every artist that starts with "y" into a playlist.... better more effective way without messing up your tags.

I suggested that before... But then I actually tried it... and it sucks because it doesn't give you the choice of selecting artists or albums after selecting the lettered playlist. It just gives you the list of songs to play.