AVIC411.com

Finished Install but have a couple problems

Did you get the amp's turn on signal from the D3's blue wire or blue/white wire? Because one is made to be a system turn on for amps and the like, which is powered on all the time, and one is made for powering an antenna motor or booster, so it is only on when the D3 is using the AM/FM tuner as the current source.

Does the amp power on only when using the AM/FM tuner, or not at all?

If the amp does power on while in tuner mode, but not with any other source, that's what your problem is. To fix it easily (instead of going behind the dash to switch the power antenna wire to the system remote wire), just go into the settings menu and change the auto antenna setting from RADIO to POWER and the power antenna wire will operate exactly like the system remote wire:

AUTO_ANT2.jpg

I have the amp connected to the "amp turn on" wire, and the antenna is also connected to the correct blue wire.

I get no power to the amp when I switch between tuner mode or any other mode.

Did you get the amp's turn on signal from the D3's blue wire or blue/white wire? Because one is made to be a system turn on for amps and the like, which is powered on all the time, and one is made for powering an antenna motor or booster, so it is only on when the D3 is using the AM/FM tuner as the current source.

Does the amp power on only when using the AM/FM tuner, or not at all?

If the amp does power on while in tuner mode, but not with any other source, that's what your problem is. To fix it easily (instead of going behind the dash to switch the power antenna wire to the system remote wire), just go into the settings menu and change the auto antenna setting from RADIO to POWER and the power antenna wire will operate exactly like the system remote wire:

AUTO_ANT2.jpg

Run a jumper wire from the positive wire on the amp to the remote turn on input on the amp. If the amp turns on that way, either the turn on wire from the D3 is disconnected/broken somewhere, or the D3 isn't sending out power on the remote output. If it doesn't turn on, then there is a blown fuse on either the power wire or the amp, the amp's ground or power wire is bad, or the amp is dead.

Run a jumper wire from the positive wire on the amp to the remote turn on input on the amp. If the amp turns on that way, either the turn on wire from the D3 is disconnected/broken somewhere, or the D3 isn't sending out power on the remote output. If it doesn't turn on, then there is a blown fuse on either the power wire or the amp, the amp's ground or power wire is bad, or the amp is dead.

I try that when I work on the car tomorrow after the rain stops.

Any ideas on the BOYO camera??

Thanks

T

Go into the connection status screen. Does it go from low to high when you put the car into reverse. If it doesn't then you've got a bad connection to the reverse wire or you have the wrong wire.

Ok I checked that and I get low no matter if the car is in reverse or not. So I guess my reverse wire is wrong

But I got my amp to power.

T