AVIC411.com

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I went to bestbuy, they had both of em and the guy said since the PNR2 is like 100 bucks, he'd give me the sirius connect and the pioneer box for the same price. so either way its the same, not sure which is easier.... common sense tells me 1 box.. as opposed to 2 boxes. idk

Go with the new one for sure dude. I found out what was wrong with the sat radio boxes for sure….all 3 of them, which happened to also be a SIR-PNR2. It was in fact a grounding problem, which just caused the boxes to just keep burning up. What sucks is the Sirius box (SIR-PNR2) box has been discontinued by the manufacturer, so I cannot get one, before today they told me they had been on back order. The good news, even though I had to wait a month after I submitted my RMA request, was that there is a new tuner that just came out. It uses a different output/input on the Z2 which kinda resembles an S-Video cable almost. The good part about this unit is that they are doing an even exchange for me, and I don’t have to daisy chain with my iPod cable, I can just go straight in, OR daisy chain, if I want to. On the new box you can daisy chain the CD changer attachment if you have it OR an iPod cable from what I was told. But still even with the iPod I am going to avoid daisy chaining as much as I can because it just causes more headaches…lesson learned. At least I can use both now with its own dedicated cable straight into the Z2, and it will be less confusing.

I don’t know if either of you have Sirius on your units or not, but if they burn up like mine did see if they can give you that free upgrade to the new one. Worth a shot.

The new setup daisy chains exactly like the old one and uses the same P-bus cable to connect to your Z2 as the PNR2 did. The cable you saw is to connect the sirius tuner (SCC1) to the Pioneer box (CDSB10) so in reality, you now will have two boxes instead of one. Your ipod still daisy chains to the CDSB10, and your CD changer will be the end of the chain

Go with the new one for sure dude. I found out what was wrong with the sat radio boxes for sure….all 3 of them, which happened to also be a SIR-PNR2. It was in fact a grounding problem, which just caused the boxes to just keep burning up. What sucks is the Sirius box (SIR-PNR2) box has been discontinued by the manufacturer, so I cannot get one, before today they told me they had been on back order. The good news, even though I had to wait a month after I submitted my RMA request, was that there is a new tuner that just came out. It uses a different output/input on the Z2 which kinda resembles an S-Video cable almost. The good part about this unit is that they are doing an even exchange for me, and I don’t have to daisy chain with my iPod cable, I can just go straight in, OR daisy chain, if I want to. On the new box you can daisy chain the CD changer attachment if you have it OR an iPod cable from what I was told. But still even with the iPod I am going to avoid daisy chaining as much as I can because it just causes more headaches…lesson learned. At least I can use both now with its own dedicated cable straight into the Z2, and it will be less confusing.

I don’t know if either of you have Sirius on your units or not, but if they burn up like mine did see if they can give you that free upgrade to the new one. Worth a shot.