AVIC411.com

Check out the new Kenwood DNX5120

Looks pretty much like a kenwood D3. The question becomes do you want garmins 6 mil points of interest and 2 pre-outs or Pioneers 12 mil with 3 preouts and an ipod (so you can leave the nav disk in.) And who knows what Pioneer will come out this year to improve on even that

Looks pretty much like a kenwood D3. The question becomes do you want garmins 6 mil points of interest and 2 pre-outs or Pioneers 12 mil with 3 preouts and an ipod (so you can leave the nav disk in.) And who knows what Pioneer will come out this year to improve on even that

The bigger question is do you want a navigation system that works or do you want the Pioneer? The beautiful Z2 navigated me right into a river yesterday. You'd think it could figure out an alternate route since the "bridge" on its maps didn't exist. But you can't tell the Pioneer to avoid a specific road. Any Garmin will do that.

I had a Garmin portable before I put in the Z2 but I have to say the Pioneer navigation is pitiful compared to Garmin.

If you want Pioneer so badly I'll gladly sell my Z2.

I already have a Z1 and a D3. They both route great in my area, sucks to live where you do I guess

Nothing to do with where you live. The software lacks many features that most other nav units have. One of the most basic features of a navigation system is to provide alternate routes. A Garmin lets you tell it not to take a road and it will route around that road. The Pioneer gives you options of 6 different alternate routes but it picks them. In the case I was referring to it proposed 6 routes but all took the non-existent bridge. Turns out there was another bridge (this one actually existed) just 4 miles north, but the Pioneer never gave me that option. Luckily I had my laptop with Street Atlas USA on it to show me the other bridge or I might still be on the banks of that river staring at my useless Pioneer.

That's poor software. Any navigation system should let you avoid certain roads.