AVIC411.com

MP3's on DVD's?

Guest justiz
I have read elsewhere that you can use a program called Audio DVD Creator, and create an audio DVD from MP3's that can be used in the AVIC. They say that you have to navigate the tracks similar to how you navigate a DVD, which sucks. Apparently the avic is capable of playing mp3 dvd's, but pioneer didnt write that into the firmware...

Anyone know anything more?
[quote name="justiz"]I have read elsewhere that you can use a program called Audio DVD Creator, and create an audio DVD from MP3's that can be used in the AVIC. They say that you have to navigate the tracks similar to how you navigate a DVD, which sucks. Apparently the avic is capable of playing mp3 dvd's, but pioneer didnt write that into the firmware...

Anyone know anything more?[/quote]

the only Pioneer unit that is gonna be able to do this is the new AVHP7800dvd
[quote]the only Pioneer unit that is gonna be able to do this is the new AVHP7800dvd[/quote]

incorrect. audio dvd creator will make any dvd player play those music files. what audio dvd creator does is convert those mp3 files into vob files.. it makes the dvd player thinks its playing a DVD video disc, but only audio comes out of it. so any dvd player will work full of converted mp3 files.
Hi Guys,

I used Ulead DVD Movie factory 4.0. There is an option to create an audio Only DVD-Video disc.

THis allows u to create a disc with ur mp3's in dolby digital 2.0 format. Keeps excact quality of mp3, and DD 2.0 files are a tad bigger....

works great. Only thign is u lose song title feature...

until dvd mp3's becomes available on this unit, its a nice work around...
[quote name="Anonymous"]Hi Guys,

I used Ulead DVD Movie factory 4.0. There is an option to create an audio Only DVD-Video disc.

THis allows u to create a disc with ur mp3's in dolby digital 2.0 format. Keeps excact quality of mp3, and DD 2.0 files are a tad bigger....

works great. Only thign is u lose song title feature...

until dvd mp3's becomes available on this unit, its a nice work around...[/quote]

Try Roxios, you get song title, artist, genre and even album art. It's pretty slick.
REALLY?

I'm goign to purchase it when I get home...

When you say song title, artist, genre and even album art, does the unit see it as as a dvd video disc? or dvd audio disc?
[quote name="Anonymous"]REALLY?

When you say song title, artist, genre and even album art, does the unit see it as as a dvd video disc? or dvd audio disc?[/quote]

REALLY?

I'm going to download a cracked copy when I get home.... :) Just kidding, I would never do that.
[quote name="Anonymous"]REALLY?

When you say song title, artist, genre and even album art, does the unit see it as as a dvd video disc? or dvd audio disc?[/quote]

Yes, the unit sees it as a Video disc. If you'd like some screen shots let me know and I'll post them. You can use the track-next button to skip forward or backward in the song which is awesome. The only downside I've noticed so far is you cannot play a disc and navigate the disc at the same time. ie you can't start playing a song by band1 and then go search for band2 to find another song, when you start navigating the folders the music stops.