AVIC411.com

Does the CD-SR80 steering wheel remote work for the D3?

I got the D3x that came with that "useless" dvd remote.

I basically run everything off my ipod on my d3 and that remote won't even skip tracks for me or anything.

I was wondering does the CD-SR80 work with the D3? I've seen it included with some Z1-Z2 packages on ebay but wasn't sure if it can work with the D3 as well...

I am also very disappointed with the remotes ipod control. The only thing I can get it do is up or down a track. I would love to hear if there are any tricks to add more control. I don't think the steering wheel remote would add any more control as I have tried my older model small remote and it works exactly the same as the new large model. The problem seems to be in the D3.

I also would like to know if anyone else has problems with the menu button stopping working. I have to go back and reselect an artist or playlist and it then again works for some time. I have a 30gig ipod photo. The button shows the push but does nothing.

yeah I actually figured out how to change tracks atleast with the remote.

But I really want to know if any of these steering remotes by pioneer would work for the D3?????

because I have the 1st gen Scion Tc and it doesn't have steering wheel controls. The remote for the D3 is too damn big for me.

I searched the forum and found no confirmation...

I used to have a AVIC-N2 before and it came with a stering wheel remote, part of the voice command module, I don't know what model is the remote but it works, only the audio/video part of the D3, the remote doesn't work the NAV features. here is a pic of the remote on my stering wheel.

pioneerd3002.jpg

hope this helps you out.

thanks... I believe thats the CD-SR11

I just got one from ebay for $26. It came in today.

For anyone else interested, the only buttons that work are the volume, track change, disc change (for disc changers), and source.

You have to play with the angles and steering wheel placement to make sure it points to the D3. The sensor is on the bottom of the remote as well. So just like how he has his in the pic, you'll most likely have to have it upside down. Unlike him tho, I have mine on the left side since I drive mostly with one hand... the left one.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks... I believe thats the CD-SR11

I just got one from ebay for $26. It came in today.

For anyone else interested, the only buttons that work are the volume, track change, disc change (for disc changers), and source.

You have to play with the angles and steering wheel placement to make sure it points to the D3. The sensor is on the bottom of the remote as well. So just like how he has his in the pic, you'll most likely have to have it upside down. Unlike him tho, I have mine on the left side since I drive mostly with one hand... the left one.

Is that the only steering wheel remote available for the D3?