AVIC411.com

BTB-200 disconnection going on and off

I see there are a lot of threads on here about the BTB-200, but I could find one that read that specific enough for me to figure what's going on with my connection to the adapter.

I have a LG vx8700 with Verizon as my service provider. I have the D3 with the BTB-200 hooked up to it. Now, I have been able to transfer my phone book in one pass, able to pair the phone to the adapter, and able to connect and talk on it. The problem I'm having is that my phone will disconnect from the adapter after a few minutes and if auto-connect is on, will reconnect sometimes with success and sometimes will flash like it's connected than go back to the no connection screen on the D3.

I've taken it to Circuit City and there's power going to the adapter and all is plugged in tight. I've flashed my phone and did an update for it and I still have the problem of it not being able to stay connected for a consistent amount of time. I haven't noticed a pattern because there will be a few days where it'll work perfectly, than other days where it won't.

I feel like I've exhausted every path to take, so I've come here seeking someone who can help me pin point what the issue is. Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions posted.

I've place the phone pretty much right on top of where the adapter is installed. And it'll connect, but sometimes it'll drop out still. Basically, it'll do the same thing as I posted earlier.

Also, this is the second unit I've gotten. I thought the first one was faulty because it was doing the same thing as this one. I've talk to people at Circuit City, Pioneer, and Verizon and all of them are stumped. The guy I've talked to from Verizon suggested to move the adapter somewhere else so it's horizontal or uninstall it, return it and get a motorola IHF 1000 bluetooth instead. Been trying to get an answer from Pioneer about an update to the BTB-200, but been a couple weeks since I've heard back from them. Is there an update out there for the BTB-200? Besides inside the glove box where should I relocate the adapter? I have a '06 Mazda 3 and been told I could put it "behind" the glove box and I think there's room to put it under the dash where the hazard light button and the front vents are. Also, I read some have placed it under the passenger seat. Hesitant to do the relocate if it doesn't change anything. Again, thanks for the replies.

I have the exact same phone and I do have that problem as well. Iam with Telus. Phone provider is in Canada and when I drive and try to make a call, the bluetooth disconnects from the BT-200. Its a pain in the butt. Its the phone itself.

Hey how did u transfer ur phonebook over to the D3??? I been strugglin wit this for MONTHS.

Kryngle, good to know that I'm not the only one out there with the issue. Have you gotten any other suggestions besides what I've been told to get it to work properly?

If there's nothing new then I might go ahead and uninstall the BTB-200 and return the adapter back to Circuit City.

As for the phone book transfer, when your phone is connected you go through the D3's bluetooth menu and go to the function menu hit the phone book transfer button. That should disconnect you. Now go to your phone and go to your bluetooth menu and highlight the device. Go under options and there should be an option called, "Send Name Card". Click that and that should send you to a list of your contacts where you can mark all of them and send off all them at once.

There is a possibility that you might have to do it one by one. I had to do that when I first got everything installed. It was after I flashed my phone that I was able to transfer my phone book in one pass.

If you see a number counter on your D3 in the upper left corner then it's transferring your contacts and you should be set.

It looks to me Telus has crippled my phone... Can't send a thing.

As for the BTB-200, it is not the BTB-200, it is the LG phone. I have called up my cell phone provider as well as the LG and it is the phone. I have tried with my brothers cell phone and sister's and all works GREAT. My VX8700 disconnects once in awhile but it is annoyin tho. Iam goin back to Telus and seein if I can get me a new phone since Iam still covered under warranty.

I have the LG 8700 with the D3 and bt 200. I installed everything myself about a eight months ago and everything was working fine for about three months, then I had the same problem..... it would just disconnect. I removed the phone settings form the D3 and then tried to reinstall and now I cant even get it to pair up!! I've tried to have my computer w/bluetooth adapter find the phone but it cant find or see it. This has been driving me crazy for about four months now.

wkenne: I ran into that problem too where it wouldn't even recognize my phone, let alone pair up. So, I took it into Verizon to flash it and it was able to pair and connect again.

But, I just talked to an agent at LG and they told me that this is a known issue by them and they're looking into, so if you're having this same problem as me you might want to get in touch with LG by phone or email their customer service and let them know what's going on that you know there's an investigation on this problem and you would like to stay informed about it. Or you could call them up and send in the phone and be without a phone for a while until they figure it out.

So, I guess I just repeated what kryngle posted and that if you are running into this similar problem, then it's the vx8700 and not the BTB-200. And should make plans on keeping yourself informed on a patch or a fix for it. Or follow what kryngle is doing and just see if you can get a new phone with your provider.

Thanks for the replies kryngle, wkenne, and BuffaloSS.

If u have over 200 numbers it will cause that.I have also had to do a hard reset on phones.Thas where u take out your sim card if u have one and the battery .Delete paired device on phone and radio.And then repair.

Im not saying thats the problem but its some problems I have ran into with cars I have worked on...

crxxfactor: I did the hard reset that you posted. The guy I talked to from Verizon suggested to do the same. Anyway, I did it and when I went to go re-pair the phone to the radio it couldn't find my phone. I tried about 5 or 6 times and the radio display would say, "phone not found".

Does the location of the adapter have any kind of factor on the connection? Where the guys at Circuit City installed the adapter they put it on the passenger side under the carpet at the feet area close the center. It's that part of the area where it inclines up into the hood. Since it's not laying down perfectly flat, is it possible that could cause the lack of connection between the adapter and my phone?

No that doesnet matter thats not exaclty the best pace cause its known for gettin wet in some casrs but if its dry than it should be fine.Did u also delte all paried devices with the pioneer after u did the hard reset.If not try that.U can also try to have the head unit look for bt devices.