AVIC411.com

Please help with troubleshooting whine noise w/list !

Guest Shundy

Hello All,

I need your help ! Just had a new D3 installed in my '03 Escalade with premium bose/on-star, no XM and have a nice whine coming from engine noise, etc. It was done by a professional install car audio company but they say there is nothing that can be done to help. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to get rid of it without losing sound quality, loudness, etc. ? Here is my entire set-up:

Pioneer D3

Pac SWI-PS Steering Wheel Interface

Metra GMOS-04 Interface

Boyo VTL420 Back-Up Camera

Pioneer CD-i200 iPod Cable

Pioneer CD-BTB200 Bluetooth Interface

Sony 7" LCD Screen Front Below D3

Sony 7" LCD Screen Flip Down 2nd Row

Everything else is FACTORY besides what is listed above. Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated as I am in love with my set-up, however, I can't stand the whining noise as it takes away from the overall sound of the system. It is QUITE NOTICEABLE and not something that is easy to ignore.

Regards,

Shundy

I would take it back to them !! Why should you start trouble shooting an install that was recently done by,"Professionals." You paid for a quality job and I'm sure there's a warranty.They said there's nothing they can do ! Did they even try ?

Guest Shundy

Hello,

Thanks for the response and here is what they told me. They said that the noise could be caused from any one of the components that I had listed above. They said sometimes you get a whine in one car, and sometimes you don't with the same set-up in another car, it is random. They said that there is absolutely nothing they can do to guarantee it will go away and that it is not their fault or in any way caused from the way they installed the set-up. They also said that the only thing they could try is to add ground loop isolators which is no guarantee. Any personal suggestions on a solution that I could take to them ? I think they are being lazy and don't want to troubleshoot which component the noise is coming from or what is actually causing it. If somebody has a solution on how to fix it, I will take the information to the manager and tell them what must be done.

Regards,

Shundy

Metra GMOS-04 Interface tose things can be bad tell them to try a GMAH24B Peripheral its a better piece I think.That car wouldnt have left a real shop with noise.I understand that u have to make money but what they should have done is try whatever filter they wanted to try and if it worked then charge u for it not let it leave with a problem and a mad customer.

Sorry man not all of us are idots that do this for a living.....Are the sony tvs running any kind of audio like headphones or do u have a audio feed goin in and out of the main vedio source.If so it would be the sony flip down probably....Noise filter and that should do it....

Guest Shundy

Hello crxxfactor,

Yeah man, it is very frustrating. They did a awesome job of installing everything, a very clean look, but the whine is not tolerable. I wasn't sure which I should go with, the metra or peripheral because from what I read in the forums, it seemed to be 50/50 on what the "true" preference was.

As far as the Sony TV's go, there is no audio going to them. They came with wireless Sony headphones via infrared that we never use.

Do you recommend that I have them use ground loop isolators or noise filters ? Or is there a difference ? I'm not really familiar with car audio terms. Which components that I listed above should I have them use them on ?

I appreciate your help.

Regards,

Shundy

noise filters are used for noise goin through a dc power source

Ground loop isolators are used to remove the DC circuit path from the audio shield ground circuit.

css12 or css5 may work its a passive noise filter from pac.I mean there are ton of others I would jus tell them to try to make it go away.

Mybe try to put the noise filter at the bose amp which is in the center console..

• 1 year later...

just found this in another thread!

Re: Grounding Problem.

New postby garth32 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:21 am

Installed a ground loop isolator today from radio shack, $20. Sound gone, stereo rocks, 1 minute install, Just pull RCA out of amp and plug it in to isolator than isolator into amp, wala. Now I love it.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem in my 2004 Tahoe Z71 with the D3 and Bluetooth. I adjusted the output from the Metra box itself, little plastic screw on the side and bravo! NO ENGINE FEEDBACK!! This is a real common problem in all car stereo installs but it should never have left the shop like that! But your truck is pretty to get to the back of the stereo and adjust it yourself.