AVIC411.com

My D-3 Cant remember anything except my home adress

When I use the d3 everything works fine, after the RAP goes off the radio cant remember anything. It loses navigation routes, past history, background settings etc. I figured that my car does not have constant power going into the radio, but the only thing it always remembers my home route address. I don't think that would happen if the power was being cut. why is this happening?

• 2 weeks later...

I didnt blow a fuse. i used my fluke meter to test voltage. i get a 12v constant always. i tried messing with the car (locking, unlocking, alarm, starting it up etc) and i never lost the 12 volts. weird thing is that sometimes the radio starts up with only the button lights on, and no screen. if i reset the radio it fixes the screen. you would think at this point it is a defective radio.

I sent it in (btw pioneer has awesome customer service. fast and very helpful) however they said everything works fine. they only tested the memory for 5 minutes. so they offered to test it for an hour while on lunch break. it still worked. then they offered to try it overnight. still we cant find a problem. Now they are going to send it back to me. any ideas?