AVIC411.com

Z2 plus side and some advice?

Hey there so I went from discovering a D3 to wanting a z1 and now discovering the Z2, yeah just bearly when I started showing interest in GPS for my semi new truck....anyhow the D3 was at a reasonble price $500 when a new Z1 would have been around $700 new and a Z2 wil run me around $900 to $1110 for the Z2x package which is what I want...

my question is, is the Z2 that much better over the Z1, as in speed, bugs fixed or any other mentions? Or will buying one of them upgrade discs or regular update leave the Z1 near Z2 performance?

Hope I worded the question right and you guys can help

Thanks

If you have a Z1 and buy the update disk, it is identical to a Z2 except for that tiny little 2 silkscreen on the front as part of the model number.

On a side note, the Z3 will be here any day now, so why not wait and get that so you don't have to hastle with updating for a year or so?

I have seen the question asked and answered several times. The answer always is No Hardware changes. But I am wondering if this is coming from a technical perspective or an end user perspective. In other words, is this answer based on users seeing zero differences in hardware functionality and performance? Or, has some one actually checked specific hardware specs and model numbers of hardware components?

I guess this could be done by checking the replacement parts between the two systems. But not necessarily, there may be intercompatibility between the two if there are hardware differences. I.e. if a system component was upgraded for a fix.