AVIC411.com

Annoying 24/7 warning on D3

The warning that pops up on the D3 to tune to channel 24/7 or 247 on XM radio when there is a weather warning or child abduction or an earthquake or a mailbox stolen or a theft at the local grocery or a skidmark left by a car on the road or someone picked a blade of grass!!!!. That's how annoying it is! It may be an XM feature most likely, but I thought to ask here since quite a few have XM! Thanks

Ciao

Well I'm not sure if it is an XM thing, so therefore I didn't include it in the heading. I thought maybe when someone saw the topic, they may have seen it with the D3 or XM or a combination of both. I guess my topic should have said what is with this 24/7 warning that pops up so frequently with my XM/Ipod/D3/Two Subwoofer/4 Pioneer door speakers/everything else stock 2008 Silverado, dark Metallic blue and spare tire not yet stolen! Boy, tough crowd on this forum! Thanks and

Ciao

It sounds like you have stored channel 247 in your memo on XM. Check your memo items in your XM and if its there delete it. That should take care of it. Its designed that if you have a song that you like playing on a channel you press the memo button and anytime that song is playing on any XM channel it will "pop-up" a message and let you know its playing on another channel so you can change channels and listen to that song. Im thinkin maybe you accidentally memoed the news channel.

It sounds like you have stored channel 247 in your memo on XM. Check your memo items in your XM and if its there delete it. That should take care of it. Its designed that if you have a song that you like playing on a channel you press the memo button and anytime that song is playing on any XM channel it will "pop-up" a message and let you know its playing on another channel so you can change channels and listen to that song. Im thinkin maybe you accidentally memoed the news channel.

You got it!!!!! Thanks man! I knew if the topic stayed on top long enough someone would know the solution!!!! Have a STAR!!! (As Yahoo would say!) By the way, like the screen name. You a DJ? My kind o hobby!

Ciao