AVIC411.com

What is the difference between the CD-I200 IPOD adapter and.

So what you are saying is the less expensive simpler looking one is the better one? The one thats just a cable? And by older models were you calling the Z2 an older model? Justwondering,just discovered these units and looking forward to buy one.

The CDI200 is for newer models and transfers video. The CDIB100 is for older models, the Z-series and does not transfer video

the CD-IB100II?

What is the difference between these two ipod controls , of course other than the price? ANybody know?

Thanks

Yes, the cheaper one does more and is cheaper, but thats how technology works. The Z2 is considered old because they didn't change any hardware from the Z1, and the Z3 will be same way. Three year old hardware means it needs the three year old ipod adaptor, not the one designed for newer products

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a better answer for ya.

The Z1 and Z2 wont work with the new cable, so you HAVE to get the CD-IB100 or the CD-IB100II. Both are the same adaptor, 1 is silver, 1 is balck, both function the same

So.. YES the new cable is better and cheaper, however doesnt work with Z sieres.

Yes I tried, it plugs in but doest recognize it. That plug on the Z Sieres is for TV tuner, which wont work past Feb 17, 2009 anyway, so it will be worthless plg.

Phooey

Wolfz23

This is really the biggest complaint I have with the Z2... the iPod interface is just way too slow, expecially if you have a large library of music. I really wish they'd come up with a new interface that speeds up the process, and ya know, ability to jump to specific letters in the alphabet would be helpful too!