AVIC411.com

some one know wich dvd player are used into the avic-d3 ????

Hi, I'm in France and I have an avic-d3 buying in USA with region code 1 and i would like change these code for region 2. Some one know wich model of dvd player are used into the avic-d3 ????.

Thanks for your help.

By the way I have the american navigation disc East and west version 1.0 If some one are interrested i can send an copy for free.

because when i buy that i dont know anythink about region code. I discover when i receive and now i would like use. On the most regulars Pioneer DVD players you can change the code. If i know the model maybe i have chance to converted

Hi Bruno,

You might want to use Divx instead of DVD.

Probably the easiest to workaround the zoning issue...

rgds,

Pierre

I believe he is talking about changing the region code on the DVD drive for it to use the European navigation disks, which is almost guaranteed not to work.

Once again, why not buy the unit that was designed for the country of use? I could see it if it were a US serviceman being stationed oversees and had a D3 installed already, but I am with HiFiSi, you're screwed. Sell the unit you have (Ebay works wonders for this) and buy the correct unit. You may loose money, but you will have a unit that works as advertised, not one you are constantly getting miffed off at.

With the dollar at an all time low and the Euro at an all time high? How is it you are paying so much more??? You need to find a different salesman. Try someone in London, I have a friend in Germany who buys and sells computer hardware over there and he is making out like a bandit, I would think electronics would be the same.

Seriously, though... there have been numerous topics made by people in Europe trying to hack the European nav disk and/or the US D3 to no avail... DVD player region code... Replacing the necessary info on the US disk with the infor from the EU disk... nothing really seems to work.