AVIC411.com

swi-ps or swi-x for Mercedes-Benz?

I just went to PAC's website and I was certainly dissapointed. Apparently neither swi-ps nor swi-x works with ANY Mercedes-Benz. Does anyone knows what would be another solution to use the steering wheel controls? I have a Mercedes C203 Coupe ('02)
[quote name="fanito"]I just went to PAC's website and I was certainly dissapointed. Apparently neither swi-ps nor swi-x works with ANY Mercedes-Benz. Does anyone knows what would be another solution to use the steering wheel controls? I have a Mercedes C203 Coupe ('02)[/quote]

Yeah...use the pioneer steering remote...your benz has fibre optics and I haven't yet found anything to fix the prob...
I actually heard the same thing. However, the only thing it would work is the volume. If we could program the phone buttons to work the BT then i'd be interested...

However, I really don't think it is a major thing at this point. I'm more interested in knowing if your 3D hybrid is working. If so, what did you do to get it to work?
  • 3 months later...
[quote name="jgx"]I have a 2004 C32 (W203) and I used a Pioneer CAN bus adapter made specifically for the W203, and it works perfect. I got it on fleabay from some guy in Portugal.[/quote]

I also have the CANBUS02 and it didn't work for me. Maybe my connections are incorrect. Maybe my CANBUS is incorrect. Could you let me know what specific model canbus or how you had it installed?
[quote name="Monkey"]Should be using PIONEER CA-R-PI.131.

[img]http://www.telenetcentral.es/imagebank/productos/caraudio/acc_audio/PIO14CARPI131.jpg[/img]

I believe it only works for the W203 though.[/quote]

Great...i'll check it out. what about the ML350? Plus, I have 2 canbus02 at over $200 a piece...don't know if I want to spend much more unless I can sell the Canbus I have (lower price of course)
[quote name="Monkey"]I don't believe there is one. :cry: But you can try it on the ML, if it works then get another one. It works for the W203.[/quote]

Great point. How much does the unit cost? I tried googling the unit and every site was a non-english site... ?
[quote name="Monkey"]Search for worldwide-sounds on ebay. He's from Portugal, but speaks English. 86 Euros.[/quote]

Hey Monkey! You're right...i did find it on google worldwide for 86 euro...$114 dollars...much cheaper than the effing canbus that don't work.
[quote name="Monkey"]Should be using PIONEER CA-R-PI.131.

[img]http://www.telenetcentral.es/imagebank/productos/caraudio/acc_audio/PIO14CARPI131.jpg[/img]

I believe it only works for the W203 though.[/quote]

This is the one I used. It works perfectly. I got mine from that ebay guy too. It took about 2 weeks to arrive from Portugal