AVIC411.com

ByPassing Question

I did searchbut I am still unsure of one part. My Kenwood was stolen and my insurance company is sending a mobile service out to install a Z2, Ipod, Bluetooth, XM, XM Navteq. It's a 2005 F250 crew cab, dual LCD monitors in the back seat. I had my Kenwood bypassed with a switch in case of police stops etc... I guess people are worrying about that these days. My question comes from me not knowing the build date of my Z2. Do I need to ask the installer to do the two wire ground and then just run the ISO ? I'm seeing ISO's that say Z1 and Z2, is there just one ?

Thanks for your help guys !

Also, what do you think about XM and Navteq and ? GPS antenna on the dash. Is there 3 ?

My installer said I have to do the patch then, he has to do the two wire bypass. Is this correct? I have an AVIC-Z2.

I downloaded and burned the file. Put it in and pushed the map screen. After a while I pushed the reset button. After it came back on it said, something about udated already been done. Is this what I should see?

He is doing the 2 wire bypass tomorrow. I don,t care about being able to watch DVD's while driving, but I would like to have all the phone and map functions working.

I do not have two antennas, and I have XM traffic. My map does show if there is cons. or an accident.

Thaks in advance

If you see the message that the update is already done, then Pioneer has done it for you. Do the 2 wire bypass and your set. As for antennas, you should have one for the GPS (for the Z2) and one for XM. Sorry, but no one makes an integrated one just yet (but an installer can dream, right?)

I just tried it two minutes ago and did not see an update screen. I burned the download to a CD-R with a two other photos for background and burned with nero. Then put it in hit map and nothing happened? Waitied a few minutes and hit the reset button. But it didnt work. So I tried it again.

Now it working, I put the car in drive with the e-brake off and played a DvD and it is working but....now when I put the car into reverse the rear camera is not working. Also, when I turn on the car the blue tooth will see my phone but they is no phone opions anymore on the menu and when I call I can hear the caller but they can not hear me?

Not sure if this has something to do with it but after the installed the CD-R I notice instead of a time there is just ***** instead? no numbers?

Any help will be great!

Pre-june require the software patch. June may or may not. July and on just need the 2-wire mod done

So for the newer Z2s do we just do the two wire bypass and that's it? .. or do we have to also download and install this image stuff? I'm a complete noobie on this forum. I'm just trying to figure it out before I order my Z2.

Ok, new problem. I thought I had successfully conducted a bypass but when I went to work today, I notice it wasn’t.

1. First when I turn-on my car the Z-2 loads and explain the Nav. system is only an assist screen, then, there is a warning screen that the brake wire is not properly grounded.

2. I put a DVD into the z-2 and tried to watch a movie but it would not let me. Also I do not have all the options available to be in the menu screen like you would with the e-brake on or bypassed.

3. I did not do the install or the grounding but I did ask the installer to do the double bypass grounding as in the instructions given to me in this form and he assured me he did so.

So, I am new to the Z-2 or any other car audio for that manner, please help in any way that you can. I am going to burn the file to a different CD-R and try to do it again with the e-brake on and the care in park, and turn on. If I am doing something wrong please let me know?