AVIC411.com

Screen Protector

I ordered one and it protected the screen real good. I think maybe a little too good since the touch screen commands didn't work due to the cover. I didn't want to press extremely hard to get the commands working so I just removed it. The D3 screen does not show any wear and tear yet.

This protector might be good for some but its not for me.

I ordered one and it protected the screen real good. I think maybe a little too good since the touch screen commands didn't work due to the cover. I didn't want to press extremely hard to get the commands working so I just removed it. The D3 screen does not show any wear and tear yet.

This protector might be good for some but its not for me.

Is this common to all types of screen protectors?

I'm about to have my third AVIC installed. I had an N-1 that didn't perform as advertised, got Best Buy to replace it with an N-2, and now I just bought a Subaru Forester that has a double-DIN opening, requiring a D-3. I have yet to see any damage, or indications of damage, to the screen. Use reasonable care and the rest of the unit will fail before the screen does.