AVIC411.com

NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE > AVIC Z2 NO NIGHT MODE, etc

I had a Avic Z2 (refurbished Version 1) installed, the installer put in a toggle switch for the parking brake. Didn't work. I read some stuff on here about the correct way to bypass the gps motion detector, but cant seem to re-find it, to print out and bring ot him. I thought I read the

"update" would fix all of these problems, but I updated my HU to the Version 2 (successfully) but the unit still does not go into night mode, and will not play a dvd or allow me to work the navigation while moving. Also has a bad "echo" to callers when I answer (iphone if this helps) If this is a redundant question I'm sorry, but I need a thorough, and quick reply so I can bring it in, and have it done right. I spent a lot of money on my system, and this is the last thing that I need to be fixed. Thanks a lot in advance!

Recap:

-Will not go into night mode

-will not play dvd's/maviagtion usage while in motion.

-bad echo for bluetooth.

I never joined a forum with people as dry and obnoxious as the people here. btw, Sox blow.

I think that's just because these questions are asked by everyone who joines these forums, and they've been answered so many times not it's nearly impossible to find a thread about anything else. Though dry, djmixmac is right -- you should try digging through the wealth of knowledge already available on these forums.

Nevertheless, it is pretty cut and dry. If it's always in day mode, and you know the auto day/night setting is correct, then the problem is clearly your Illumination wire either not being connected or not giving the correct signal for the Z2. Go into Menu -> Settings -> hardware -> connection status and check the illumination item. Does it change when you toggle your headlights? Probably not. In which case first check that the Z2's Orange/White wire coming out of the Power connector is connected to your car's illumination sense/switch wire. If it is and it still doesnt' work, there's a chance your car doesn't fit the standard and you'll need some sort of external switch to ground the Z2's orange/white manually.

My installer spoke to Pioneer and told them that the wire coming form the car was to weak to power the illumination wire? (2008 Z06) is this a known issue? The Pioneer rep recommended a separate switch t o turn the night mode on and off? this doesn't sound right does it?

My installer spoke to Pioneer and told them that the wire coming form the car was to weak to power the illumination wire? (2008 Z06) is this a known issue? The Pioneer rep recommended a separate switch t o turn the night mode on and off? this doesn't sound right does it?

Bypass works now btw, thanks for all your help.