AVIC411.com

What does "Read from Disc" actually do?

I figure this has probably been discussed, but I couldn't find anything in searching, the words "read from disc" are used in a LOT of topics :-P

Anyways, I thought initially is might be for the backgrounds but even when putting my background CD in and hitting 'read from disc' button, I get the error about there being no data.

My backgrounds work fine, this isn't a background question, its more about what DATA could be read, whats its format, etc? Is it possible to store settings in some data file and you could read anytime you happen to lose power?

There's a button that says "READ FROM DISK" that's separate from the import/change background button... I've never used it or bothered to find out what it was. But I'm sure if you opened up the user's manual you'd most likely find out.

Its not related to backgrounds, that is in a separate menu and everything...

Looking in the manual it talks about it on page 56, as "Address Book data", from the POINT directory, but its lite on details, which is why I'm asking if anyone actually knows what it is, its format, has used it etc....

In the manual it kinda implies its an "address book" for GPS locations, I was wondering if it might also be phone book as well? Did the 80-90 series even have phone support? (if not, that pretty much rules out any chance of phone support) for the file I guess.