AVIC411.com

Navigation issue: Portion of map ENTIRELY Grey.

Very odd. For the past year, this D3 has been almost flawless. Then two days ago, the area of the DC Beltway vicinity between I-95 College Park and approximately 8 miles west (Wisconsin Ave) is literally all grey. Like a huge block of grey. Outside of that, everything is fine..but the entire end of the screen, then middle of the screen, then other end of the screen (this occurs as I drive from one side to the other) go grey. Then the grey disappears when I leave that area. This suddenly occurred about 2 days ago, and remains this way today. Have not tried a reset yet..too lazy to have to reload my custom background/settings.

any ideas?

I have seen this on mine too and I have only had it for a week and I know that my disc is not damaged. I have seen it in areas where its not sure what is really there. In my area there are a lot of new developments that came up in the last 2 years and since the maps are "sooo up to date" I have notied that in some areas like arlington national cemetary and where its a huge open space it will gray it out. Last night I stopped at a Giant off columbia pike and it had no clue where I was. It was like partially grey and off the map lol.

So if it has always worked then your disc could be damaged or it could just not be reading that area. Like i said above mine does that when there is a big open area like arlington national cemetarty and near some of the parks near my house. I am no expert but just hope that it might shed some light on what we both seem to be experiancing.