AVIC411.com

AV Input and Ipod (CD-I200) wiring question

hi new to the boards, i just finished installing my D3 in along with my Ipod cable, i'm using AV1 to monitor my vehicle's factory readings with an aftermarket multimeter unit CAMP2 (www.hksusa.com). Is there a way to still listen to my Ipod and be in AV1 mode without the ipod sound being shut off? I heard there's a way to wire using the reverse camera signal wire.

I know it's a far stretch but i just wanted to know if anyone may have a solution.

the way i have it wired up right now is i'm using the Video and audio RCA's from the main navi harness for my multimeter and my ipod is connected to the pioneer adapter.

Thanks

I don't really know a thing about your HKS system, but does it require audio and video? If it doesn't need audio, you could buy a headphone to RCA cable for like five bucks and run that from the ipod into the red and white RCAs, and the HKS to the yellow on the A/V input. It won't charge the ipod or control it, but it would solve your problem for cheap.

When you needed to charge the ipod, just plug it back into the pioneer cable