AVIC411.com

iPod Video Gen5.5 30Gb with D3 iPod Cable

I have read and heard that certain firmware revision updates to the certain newer iPods disable the video playback to the D3 in some way.

I have a 5.5 generation, 30Gb video iPod that has been running with firware revision 1.2.3 with no problems. Apple has revised the firmware (again) to revision 1.3.

Has anyone updated their 5.5 generation 30 Gb video iPod to revision 1.3 and had any change in operation or functionality to playing video thru the D3/iPod cable?

My concern is that if I have to try it and it does not work ..... how do you downgrade the iPod to the previous version.

Thanks in advance.

Richman

Ive got the itouch. Apple said I needed there newest cable and could only use the composite signal using rca audio and video. Direct iPod cable to the pioneer wasnt supported due to a pin-out change. so they say.

I got the $50 apple cable and have to use my av1 input for video playback on the D3. Works but no touch screen controls, have to use the iTouch screen for selections.

Audio does work only with the pioneer cable.