AVIC411.com

Avic Z2 TO Z3 Upgrade

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone working on this yet? I know its still pretty new but you guys blow my mind with how fast you come up with the mods. I am looking forward to upgrading my Z2 to the Z3..

I believe multiple people are working this, including myself. Hardest part is getting a fresh image from a Z3 to play with. It's coming, watch the stickys at the top of this section...

I would bet good money that the upgrade would work the same as the one from the Z1 to the Z2. The trick is someone getting the Z3 virgin image and playing with it. There might be some patching needed but should not be too bad. Hardware from Z3 looks identical to Z1/Z2 so this seems like a maps and Gracenote update, plus maby some voice features.

I did the Z1 to Z2 upgrade using a 2nd large HD, so I would recommend that method to ensure you do not mess up your working drive.

Now we are all waiting on the TIB or ISO for the Z3... :lol:

looks like there are a couple drives on ebay with the new Z3 updated maps and POIs for 2008 anyone try one yet

I just put it in my Z2, and it went through the update. So far I see no difference, but I have not driven around yet. I do know my neighborhood is still not on the map (which really sucks). My neighborhood is about 2 years old.

I will let you know more after I take it for a drive.

Come on friends!!

I was just doing some ebaying and saw many auctions for the upgrade.

Please nice friendly people, lets share and get it up onto an ftp or torrent.

Just been funny but real.

I'm a geek guy and of course can't wait to get that Z3 image running on my xterra. :P