AVIC411.com

Avic Z2 TO Z3 Upgrade

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't send N2 manuals and an unknown drive image :roll:

Seriously, you thought I just wanted to host ANYTHING?

thought so, oh well... these were files I'd scrounged off the net over the last couple of years

Even after the first time you PMed and asked for the login, and I said there's no point until we have a Z3 image? I figured if you were asking again, you had the image to upload.

Anyway, the files have been deleted and the login suspended.

Don't send N2 manuals and an unknown drive image :roll:

Seriously, you thought I just wanted to host ANYTHING?

thought so, oh well... these were files I'd scrounged off the net over the last couple of years

No need to scrounge; I'm hosting quite a bit:

http://www.inferno999.com/gps.html

If you've got something I don't, I'd love to add it to the list. PM

I posted earlier that once I get my new drive in and working, that I would be glad to send him my stock drive to clone and then provide that to whomever could use it to get the image.

I just heard back from Rebel97 and he says that my first drive has shipped.

If there is an easy way for me to share the image off the drive that's on its way to me, then please share the process. I don't have any special computer gear, just the basic home and office setup...

I posted earlier that once I get my new drive in and working, that I would be glad to send him my stock drive to clone and then provide that to whomever could use it to get the image.

If there is an easy way for me to share the image off the drive that's on its way to me, then please share the process. I don't have any special computer gear, just the basic home and office setup...

Easiest is just an external USB->SATA or IDE adapter (usually <$20), and get a copy of Acronis TrueImage (trial and pirate copies available). Then you'll have a ~10gig file to upload 8)

Easiest is just an external USB->SATA or IDE adapter (usually <$20), and get a copy of Acronis TrueImage (trial and pirate copies available). Then you'll have a ~10gig file to upload 8)

That is true no more then $20 bucks usually thats what i use. IF by next week no one posts i will send my drive in and post the image as i have everything and acronis aswell.

PM sent 8)

I've spent the morning evaluating this "mash-up" Z3 image that's recently surfaced on the net. Sorry, no link yet.

Note: I have not loaded the image onto the Z2's HDD yet. This is purely from examing files.

The maps files have definitely changed, and there's few new XM icons (39, 47, 68, 69, 73, 87, and a bunch of NHL and Play by Play icons. Still no 59 or 93). The SDATA dir also shows a release.txt containing PU1-2-E (up from the Z2's PU1-2-D). I assume this is in regards to XM, but haven't tested extensively enough to be certain. There are also changes to a significant number of files across the board, like AREAINFO.DAT, etc, though they are not human readable.

Other items clearly haven't changed, like the text to speech engine. I'm still trying to locate the speech to text engine to see what updates may have been made there, and for the life of me I'm still not sure which exact file(s) is the firmware update. Assuming this mash-up has the firmware update included. I guess I'm about to find out.

First partition (with maps). Dir is \TTSENGINE

Edit: also, forgot to say that the PRG.FLG flag file is included (needed for the bypass to work). Either this is by default in the Z3 or a result of the "mash-up". It'll be impossible to tell until we can get a raw, real Z3 image.