• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I have:

Opening splash screen:

1984-2008

Rel. 02/2008

Service Info Screen:

version 03.0000

cddb 08-01-0010 (only because I updated to this last night)

Hidden Component Vers Screen:

platform 3.000100

gps 1.200000

hdd 3.100200

Look good???

BTW - Thanks for the .pdf instructions bridge4d :cool:

Looks great to me.

Any chance that you're going to be the hero that shares? ;-);-)

I tried on Sunday, but my computer would not recognize the drive, so we figured that the Z1 locked it :???:

I have my stock drive in for duplicating and once that comes back I'll hook it up before it gets anywhere near the Z1 :) If it's recognized, I have no problem with uploading it.

Hey, I just got all kinds of errors in my TIB attempt as well. What did your system start doing?

I booted my drive in my system as well. Any everything worked find, but now when I am trying to make a copy of it, Its acting strange.

I too wonder if it got locked by my Z1 when I booted it to check the rev #'s?

Everyone might be shit out of luck, as now my acronis is saying that there are errors and that I might be able to read the original via sector by sector..

Will talk to my friend and ask for another copy if I can get it from him.

And will continue to let acronis try to get a copy of it... SHIT SHIT SHIT...

hmm .. So i think what we have to do is someone has to buy the hard drive from ebay (on page 7) and BEFORE putting it in their z1/z2 they have to make an image of the drive ... hows that sound?

Sounds like what I said I would do...three times already in this thread ;-) with the exception of using the E-bay product.

I had a brand new Toshiba drive and sent it out to be cloned. When I got it back, I was under the assumption that it was unlocked, so I put it in the Z1. This was friday...well sunday I went out and bought the SATA/USB adaptor cable to copy the image, and when I plugged in to the computer, windows found it on USB but would not assign the drive a letter...so it was there, just not accessible :mad:

I sent my original drive off to the same person for cloning, so when that comes back I will connect to the computer first, as I have no need to go anywhere near the Z1 since I already have the new drive in and working.

BTW - That makes 4 times... :lol:

Now I need to go through the unlock thread and see if I can unlock this new one without trashing the data on it :???:

while Im sitting here getting ready to leave the office with this thing SLOWLY making the image, I was reading about using the used sector backup method (which only backs up used data), has anyone tried backing up the drives this way? I would think that its MUCH faster on a virgin image, right? cause its not backing up the zero bytes that the other method is doing?

How exactly are you copying this image?

Z3 Drive to Z2 Drive?

Z3 Iso Image to Z2 Drive?

or

One of the above to a brand new drive?

I can't say that I've done any Avic drive copying before and I could be completely off on this process, but from my experience doing backups once you setup the original copy you can setup a "delta" copy where only changes get copied which will give you a very quick sync of the data.

In order for this to work with a Z3 to Z2 copy all the Z3 data has to be IDENTICAL to the Z2 and all the new "upgrades" are new files and not replacements of the Z2 files. I'm going to guess that its the latter and you will have to do a 1 to 1 copy.

hmm .. So i think what we have to do is someone has to buy the hard drive from ebay (on page 7) and BEFORE putting it in their z1/z2 they have to make an image of the drive ... hows that sound?

Sounds like what I said I would do...three times already in this thread ;-) with the exception of using the E-bay product.

I had a brand new Toshiba drive and sent it out to be cloned. When I got it back, I was under the assumption that it was unlocked, so I put it in the Z1. This was friday...well sunday I went out and bought the SATA/USB adaptor cable to copy the image, and when I plugged in to the computer, windows found it on USB but would not assign the drive a letter...so it was there, just not accessible :mad:

I sent my original drive off to the same person for cloning, so when that comes back I will connect to the computer first, as I have no need to go anywhere near the Z1 since I already have the new drive in and working.

BTW - That makes 4 times... :lol:

Now I need to go through the unlock thread and see if I can unlock this new one without trashing the data on it :???:

Does yours have the correct Version numbers as the picstures i posted on page 7? I guess everyone just cant wait till the image is available lol

IF you just look at the files on the drive, can you see anythign?

I could see files on SOME of the partitions, but -> I left the office with the backup to image running.

When I had first hooked it up, it found all the partitions and said they were blank. During this time, I hit do nothing, almost seconds later, Vista updated drivers and recognized the USB disk, and then their were the 4 of 5 partitions that were the data.

I started the image creation, but it was saying it was going to take 19 hours or so (I was using a usb to ide2.5" external disk container).

I saw all the info here about bad images, so I canceled it, and installed it. It booted and updated and everything checked out, so I pulled and brought it back to the computer with Vista, and when I plugged in the drive, Vista came up and said it didn't have drivers for the attached disk (the same on that it saw earlier). I hit cancel, and then it found all the partitions, only this time its claims they are LBA partitions (earlier I think said were fat32, I MIGHT be wrong), and now 1 of the partitions doesn't say how much space it is, its a blank partition, the other 4 or 5 (Im not there, i forget) have the correct partition sizes.

I am assuming that the drive was locked after booting. If I don't have a image when I get to the office tomorrow, I probably will continue following the online documentation for unlocking it, and then changing the drive bios to NOT allow it to lock. I might as well, right, as sooner or later I am going to want to allow to update it.

I have a ide 40 pin to laptop 44pin adaptor at my house that I am going to bring into the office so that I am not using the usb to 2.5" adaptor.

Anyways, I should have the drive unlocked regardless, AND once I am using a real pata ide connection to the 2.5" drive, it will take minutes rather than days to pull the image off of it.

Like I said, I am now doing this because I WANT the drive unlocked and forced un-lockable for the next round of updates, getting the image off for all of you is just a by product.

I know mine is working, and is correct, and I need to learn how to do the unlock thing anyway. By the COB tomorrow, I will have it up and give the FTP info to someone here. Then I take off to new york for business, so if not by tomorrow night, then you guys will get it from someone else, cause Im outta town,

I suggest anyone getting the image from someone on ebay, MAKE sure the disk is protected so it cant be locked, mine was from a buddy, but we didn't think we HAD to turn off drive security by default, I thought it was off and you HAD to turn it on, Turns out that drives from some dealers even new, will be locked if you don't turn the security off.

just my 5cents...

SepticDeath....

Yea, exactly..someone has to buy the hard drive off of ebay from http://cgi.ebay.com/AVIC-Z1-Z2-Z3-Upgrade-to-Z3-Newer-than-CNDV-700HD-40GB_W0QQitemZ270233038134QQihZ017QQcategoryZ73333QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That is the one i got (pics posted on page 7), but i already put it in my z2 and i don't know how to make an image of it. Once someone buys this, BEFORE they swap hard drives, they have to make an image of it BEFORE inserting it into the z2/z1 to make sure it works. Check to see if it works AFTER making the image...I think lol

Okay guys, Acronis image is 25% done. Drive was locked. O'well my mistake, wish I would have seen the 411 "discount price". anyways, drive is on a 40pin to 44pin ide adaptor (screw the usb) and images are being written.

SOON guys, real soon.

Ohhh Shytttt..got the drive unlockeddd! :D

megaupload lets me put 500 mb chunks. Im rar'ing the 9.27gb's to 498mb chunks. Thanks 19 or 20 chunks. With the interface I can upload 10 at a time (gonna take some time). I'm starting this now. I'll PM the download links to a OP. Then they can put it all together and distribute it how they want to. I'm leaving for New York tomorrow morning, so I need to just get it out there to you, gonna leave it to all of you to make sure it gets distributed.

-SepticDeath