AVIC411.com

Avic Z2 TO Z3 Upgrade

I got the z3 drive as well, not sure if its a mock up or not. I already made a .tib of it, I will go verify it against the info that everyone is posting here.

If its a real image, I got no problem getting to it hyperite for distro.

Let me go replace my drive with this one and give it a test.

Hurry up, lol.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was a toss up? I still haven't been able to go outside and test my drive out, but I thought "openendstraight" had verified that his ebay acquired update was legitimate? but others have found to be fake, causing most of us to just NOT risk it.

I understand we shouldn't be gambling on images from ebay. I got mine from a "acquaintance" who works at a shop *who claims* he got into a floor model and then blessed it for the 2 wire with the files, I hope he's not bs'ing me, AND he wouldn't give it to me, he made me pay $50.00 for it, so Im guessing that with that said, knowing he took money from me, he might be for real. (If I was sure, I wouldn't be claiming I need to test it), we all know those 28 yr olds who never stopped smoking weed, and well... I wont go there :)... I wish I would have been able to catch him at the shop where I could see if he really had access to a z3, as I understand they are not all over the place yet (thus all of us digging for images)...

I got a lunch break in 3 hours, will be able to come back for sure and let you all know... (fingers crossed).

SepticDeath

I thought it was a toss up? I still haven't been able to go outside and test my drive out, but I thought "openendstraight" had verified that his ebay acquired update was legitimate? but others have found to be fake, causing most of us to just NOT risk it.

I understand we shouldn't be gambling on images from ebay. I got mine from a "acquaintance" who works at a shop *who claims* he got into a floor model and then blessed it for the 2 wire with the files, I hope he's not bs'ing me, AND he wouldn't give it to me, he made me pay $50.00 for it, so Im guessing that with that said, knowing he took money from me, he might be for real. (If I was sure, I wouldn't be claiming I need to test it), we all know those 28 yr olds who never stopped smoking weed, and well... I wont go there :)... I wish I would have been able to catch him at the shop where I could see if he really had access to a z3, as I understand they are not all over the place yet (thus all of us digging for images)...

I got a lunch break in 3 hours, will be able to come back for sure and let you all know... (fingers crossed).

SepticDeath

I hope it's legit. Keep us posted.

I believe that guy has the correct hard drive too. Look at the ebay link i gave before.. that is the guy i bought mine from and it is the real thing with real numbers.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZfran37623

That is the real one.. with alll right numbers.. i posted pics on page 7.

and now you can post the files :P

I believe that guy has the correct hard drive too. Look at the ebay link i gave before.. that is the guy i bought mine from and it is the real thing with real numbers.

Looks legit enough. Go ahead and buy one and let us know. Thanks. :D

Just stopped the acronis creation (it was TAKING LONGER than I thought, I figured it would be DONE). Anyways, no sense making it if its a fake.

here's what I got after the updates.

Map date from boot screen: 02/2008

Version: 3.0

Device # didnt write down.

CDDB- -8-01-0010

------------

Platform Version: 3.000100

GPS Version : 1.200000

HDD Application V: 3.10020

I'm starting the acronis back up. Unfortunantly, I only have the USB to 2.5" ide convertor at work. I have the 2.5" to IDE 40 pin and power at home, if its not done before I leave home, I'll just leave it running and have it avail in the morning. I havent got a PM from a Op anyways, but I think I have what you want, and Im on my way to getting it to you right now. I think I have a Idea, I can load the drive in my laptop, boot the acronis, and then image from there to a SATA external disk (much faster than ide). Will give that a try as well,

SepticDeath

Just stopped the acronis creation (it was TAKING LONGER than I thought, I figured it would be DONE). Anyways, no sense making it if its a fake.

here's what I got after the updates.

Map date from boot screen: 02/2008

Version: 3.0

Device # didnt write down.

CDDB- -8-01-0010

------------

Platform Version: 3.000100

GPS Version : 1.200000

HDD Application V: 3.10020

I'm starting the acronis back up. Unfortunantly, I only have the USB to 2.5" ide convertor at work. I have the 2.5" to IDE 40 pin and power at home, if its not done before I leave home, I'll just leave it running and have it avail in the morning. I havent got a PM from a Op anyways, but I think I have what you want, and Im on my way to getting it to you right now. I think I have a Idea, I can load the drive in my laptop, boot the acronis, and then image from there to a SATA external disk (much faster than ide). Will give that a try as well,

SepticDeath

So it seems to be working right?

Its working, I think the only cloudy issue was did I get a bunk image or not. Initial screens seem to lead one to believe that I didnt.

I am pulling it out, to start the image pull from it again. I didnt want to waste anyone's time while I wasnt sure what I had.

Now I can only hope that the new drive had the lock feature disabled. I didnt think about it, and I DIDNT explicitly un-set it, its as the drive came from outpost (lets HOPE). shit. shit. shit.

Its working, I think the only cloudy issue was did I get a bunk image or not. Initial screens seem to lead one to believe that I didnt.

I am pulling it out, to start the image pull from it again. I didnt want to waste anyone's time while I wasnt sure what I had.

Now I can only hope that the new drive had the lock feature disabled. I didnt think about it, and I DIDNT explicitly un-set it, its as the drive came from outpost (lets HOPE). shit. shit. shit.

I know the drive i bought off ebay is unlocked and everything ... seems to me you have the real thing too