AVIC411.com

Spare mute wire?

I used my mute wire for thr bypass on my d3. Now i need a spare wire to mute the volume when the back up sensor alert starts chirping. This is in a 06 expedition and is very hard to hear with radio on. Also if I go to the trouble to hook up the mute wire, will the factory mute signal actually trigger the mute? Trivial stuff,but the factory stereo did mute when sensor went off. The backup camera doesnt always show accurate distance.

Any place i can get a spare wire without getting raped?

Thanks

Ore there ay other wires on the harness tht aren't being used? Like the blue antenna wire, the blue amp turn on wire, or whatever? You could move said wire to the mute wire's original location and it will work.

You can use the antenna power wire to turn on the amp(s).

You just need to go into the setup menu and switch the setting so it gets constant power instead of just when the AM/FM tuner is the selected source. Go into SYSTEM SETTINGS in the menu, Select AUTO ANT, and switch it from RADIO to POWER.

Then you should be able to use the amp turn on wire for the mute wire... if it fits in that pin slot, that is.