AVIC411.com

Bypass help please

I did the bypass as posted here and it works without the parking brake on - but as soon as I start moving video cuts out and when I stop it comes back on.

I am assuming this is comming from the vss wire or gps?

Dose the bypass still work or did pioneer do something to make it not work with newer D3's.

I can live with not playing dvd's while moving but whats even worse, the navigation won't let me input anything while moving?? I hope to hell I can fix this .

Please help

I'll have to tear the car apart and check everything out.

The only thing I'm thinking is that the mute wire that I moved may have come loose when I was jamming all the wires to fit the deck in.

I couldn't really get it to seat all the way in. I don't have a pick and not really sure what one is anyways.

I just wanted to make sure that it will still worl before I tear it apart again.

It's an 03 4runner limited and a pain in the ass to get to the deck.

Thanks for the help

I've just installed a new D-3 (Build date Dec 07) and when the nav disc is inserted a different update screen comes on, like the Z-2 software update screen, and then anything over 10 miles an hour brings up a new "viewing while moving.. screen" and the video of course goes away. I have checked the bypass wire etc, all good.

I have installed at least 40 D-3's and this is the first one I've seen with the update screen and the new video while moving screen. Anyone seen this yet or does anyone have a new bypass method I am not seeing in the forums ? Thanks

Please stop telling everybody the bypass doesn't work any more because of a new disk or a new unit until you've got confirmation, please. No need to spread unwarranted paranoia.

Chances are that you either did something wrong, or the unit you got is defective either in the parking brake wire circuit or at the pin position that the mute wire goes to.

You can't base a claim like that solely on your experience with 1 single unit.

When are people going to figure out that when you do the bypass, you no longer have to hook up the "parking brake" wire????????????? The whole point of the "bypass" is to "bypass" the stupid requirement of having the parking brake on. Just ground all the wires together and forget about it. (as the bypass threads indicate) Seems so damn simple to me. :roll: