AVIC411.com

Sorry im trying to install a D3 into a civic and dont know where the VSS wire is and which wire do i connect that too? Do i connect the pink wire to the VSS wire? I got everything working except today the navigation is frozen and is in LA when im in Nor cal and the speed is show that im at 140 mph when im only at 35mph.

read the install manual. i forgot the colour, but it should be pink. the blue and pink wires are extension wires. you dont necessarily have to connect vss or reverse signal, that's why they're shorter on the harness.

they said gps more accurate with vss hooked up though.

edit. pink is vss. the other is reverse

pink is vss. the other is reverse.

if you look at the fuse box 2nd row from top at far right, the blue/white wire is vss. i followed the bunched cables and it crosses horizontally beneath the center console near the cigarette plug. i just ripped part of the plastic open and used the supplied tap-in connector to hook up the pink to the blue/white. make sure you follow the wire and not just trust my way.

i can't help you with the reverse signal because i left it out. im not installing a back up camera anytime soon. i tried looking for it though. some website said it's the white wire from the cables going to the transmission. i checked my reverse tail light wire and it was green/black (i think). so i dunno