AVIC411.com

I have an intermitting problem. I have a 2006 RAM SRT10 w/ infinity with the D3 w/ bluetooth. Sometime when I start the truck the radio will not have any sound. No beeps when you press buttons either. If I turn the truck off and restart the radio works fine.

Like I said it is intermitting but I think I have narrowed it down to something with the bluetooth because it never does it when the phone is not in the truck trying to autoconnect.

Bestbuy did the install and the tech did the bypass for me also. Has anyone had these issues to where I might be able to tell the tech to look or is it just something with my POS phone and my bluetooth.

If it has the Chrysler Infinity System, it does have a factory amplifier. These can sometimes be a single amp located under a seat or behind a panel, or each speaker could have the amplifier built into them. Either way, the factory amps don't require a bypass, all you need to do is energize the remote turn on or power antenna wire on the car side of the harness. This is usually done with the remote turn on output from the headunit (the d3 supplies 2 of them), which will be a blue/white wire.

This was probably hooked up or you wouldn't ever get any sound, but a loose connection is possible. I know many installers will use a spade connector to connect the remote turn on since the d3 has a female spade already crimped on. If used properly, this is fine, but sometimes they don't slide all the way in, which would cause a loose connection-possibly making your factory amp work intermittently. If you can look at your connections, I'd double check them all, and even test for voltage every time on that wire if you have a multimeter.