AVIC411.com

D3 Has Power But Nothing Works

I have been having a heck of a time getting this unit to work. I had problems early on with the Metra adapter but eventually got the stereo to work for about a week.

The unit is currently sitting on the seat with the wires hooked to it. When I power up the unit I get the fan to power up, the button lights to come on, the powering up message comes on the screen and the button lights change colors two or three times. If the unit is in the radio mode the radio will come on during this time frame but the radio screen never shows.

After about 10 seconds, nothing. The button lights go dead, the screen stays blank though it looks like the flourescent behind it is on and the fan remains on but nothing else. No response to any of the buttons.

The unit was initially hooked up with the Metra CHTO-01. I'd had some problems with the unit, though this appeared to have been resolved with a replacement unit until this started happening. Because of the problems I had with the Metra Unit, I went looking there first and replaced it with a PAC unit. Exact same problem.

I've hit the reset button with the unitr having power.

The car is a 2007 Charger. I have the video/GPS while moving bypass wired up.

Any ideas. I'm just about to take the unit to an installer.

Any chance the bypass could contribute to this.

1. Remove the yellow and black mute wire.

2. Place the Mute wire in the slot directly above where you removed it from.

3. Using a wire tap (radio shack 10 for $5) connect the mute wire to the ground.

4. Using the wire tap (that is already attached to the parking break wire/green wire) attach it to the ground wire as well.

5. GROUND the BLACK WIRE....AKA GROUND DUH! ENJOY!