AVIC411.com

please help. rear camera installation question

hi,
i bought few days back z1 from 6ave. i got it installed today but facing an unusual problem. my installer installed eveything fine, flash circuit but at the end what he cant make work is rear view camera on putting the reverse gear. it doesnt turn out automatically when gear is put in reverse mode. he said he tried camera with different unit and it works so he says taht my units rear view camera input is bad . and he had put it in AV mode where i have to press av button severaql time before i can get it to work and the split screen doesnt work. i dont know what other option i have. to go with installer word and go through all hassle of exchanging the unit or is it just install problem becoz he said when he puts it with reverse mode screen shows black or very hazy picture... :cry: please advise what it can be or what should be done. is this possible that rear input is bad???
[quote] is this possible that rear input is bad???[/quote]

Yes.

I would call or email Pioneer and explain the problem to them. See what they say.

Rather than exchanging the entire unit, which would be a PITA since its already installed, see if they can just send you the harness with the camera input in it.
I had the same exact problem, also bought it from 6ave.
Swapped cameras and even the changed out the brown rca plug itself.
I fed the camera into the AUX video in, and an image showed while in AUX mode. (eliminating a bad camera)

Then I fed the video output from my home dvd player into the camera input and the video was still distored in reverse mode. (Indicating a bad Z1)
Talking with them, they said it sounded like a blown processor.

They fixed it and now it works perfectly.
The warranty paperwork says they replaced NJM2505F (listed as IC other)
The tech also said they have seen this issue a few times.

You have to send it to the Ohio repair facility, with a explanation of the problem, and a copy of the 6ave receipt.

[u][b]Make sure you INSURE the box.[/b][/u] And package it with lots of padding (original box is best if you still have it)
I used UPS ground insured @ 1600.00 and it cost about $16 to ship
My screen shattered in transit and pioneer wanted $200 to fix it, thinking that was why I sent it in for repair. (since thats not covered under warranty)

After explaining what happened, they fixed the screen for free.
Unit has been 100% ever since.
Really fast repair and turn around time too.
I dont think it would be considered a refurbished unit.
It was new when I bought it, it just went it for warranty repair.
They sent back the same one I sent in.

(apparently there is a direct swap program with the D1. I was excited at first because I wouldn't have to be without a unit while this one was in transit. But then the pioneer rep realized i was saying Zee-One not Dee-One, and I had to send it in anyway.)

But I did call 6ave and the normal return policy is 14days, but I didnt install the rear camera and notice the problem for alittle over a month.

When I did hook it up, it worked fine for about 10 minutes.
I though I broke the camera by shutting the trunk lid (where it was mounted). When I finally got the replacement camera and it did the same thing, then I started looking at the Z1 being the problem.

But all is well now.
Just as an fyi, my backup camera flickers in and out sometimes and I didn't know y. Because of the forum i know the answer but dont want to trade in to get a new unlockable version. My installer had a switch put in so that when i flip up full power to camera and when down it only comes on in reverse, rearview mode will show black screen. Well when my screen blacks out due to the Z1 i flip the switch down then back up and rearview mode come right back on again. dont know y it works but i have no problems anymore. The switch was originally installed so that when not using rearview mode my camera was not constantly on