AVIC411.com

i did the bypass on my D3 yesterday. everything works with out using the E-Brake. but when i start to drive, it stops working( all touch screne bottons turn gray). but when i stop, they work. is it because i have the speed signal wire hooked up? please help.

Nope, I got the VSS hooked up on mine, it has no effect on the bypass. Double check your work and make sure all connections are right and secure, if you think they are right, check again, it will work.

P.S. I was having trouble with the illumination with my PAC harness and would have bet my next paycheck that I had a good connection. Finally tore the dash back down and re-did the butt connector and guess what....

i did what everyone said to do. moved the yellow/black wire to the slot right above its orriginal spot and ground it along with the green wire for P-Brake. but i will check again for bad connection. i know when i start my truck up, its says that the P-Brake incorrectly wired.

When you ground the parking brake wire, did you ground it to the parking brake or to another ground (any ground will do). Cause if you grounded it to the parking brake then you would have to have the brake on for it to work. All you have to do is ground it to the same ground as the avic is grounded to in the wiring harness and it will work fine.

That should work fine, Just make sure that the ground is good and the connection secure. I find that its easier just to make a ground bundle when doing an install for all the grounds to a factory chassis ground, ie... hook up the avic, bypass, bluetooth and satellite radio grounds all together and them connecting them into the factory ground in the wiring harness.

Just check and make sure that the pin is secure in the accesory connector, some seem to have trouble with that