AVIC411.com

New Z2 on the way, couple of quick questions

You mean the Yellow/Black wire, correct? I just looked through the install manual and the Yellow is a constant 12+ power source.

And, the Yellow/Black looks to be a mute signal output lead. Which mean it sends a signal to a attached peripheral to mute. I other words, it sends a signal rather than accepting one.

From the manual:

"If you use equipment with a mute function, connect that

equipment to the Audio Mute lead. If not, keep the Audio Mute

lead free of any connections."

Buy the available remote CD-R5, it has an attenuate button.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bridge4d-

Thanks for the reply, and the correction on the mute wire. I've edited my message. I thought that the wire would mute the audio, but you are correct. I re-read the instruction manual, and found my mistake.

I have a remote for the HU (CD-SR1). I don't think that it has the mute function, but I will have to check. I'll have to remember to disconnect my attempted mute wire tomorrow.

Thanks again.

hey before you do, snap a pic of the pioneer camera's output will ya? if you have it mounted and such?

reason i ask is because the field of view on the vlt420 isnt as great as on my lexus, where i can "see" more. i guess its a wider angle or something.

wanted to see how the pioneer stock one was? does boyo make a wider angle camera than the 420? its my ONLY complaint. i love it it works/looks otherwise..

Abe

Abe-

I'll see if I can snap a pic. On the BOYO cam that you have, is the image reversed left to right? (If a car is behind you, and you look at the license plate on your Z2 display, are the letters on the plate backwards?)...just curious...

Any chance you could post a pic from the BOYO cam so that I can see how the field of view looks?

Thanks

David

yeah the image is reversed. see pic. as you can see, my field of view isnt THAT great. if i get the tow ball (rear most part of car) then i cant see that far behind, the camera is pointed DOWN. i also cant see the edges of the bumper.

I think i may change to one of those bubble camera...whatre they called...fish eye camera? if boyo even makes one?

Abe

post-16902-12872754194278_thumb.jpg

I see what you mean. The Eclipse camera is quite a bit different (housing wise) compared to the BOYO cam. The Eclipse cam is similar to the one that I have from Pioneer. When I was testing the camera that I have, I noticed that it sat a little too low for my taste, but that was when I was going to mount it upside down under the tow hitch. Maybe I'll start looking for a fish eye lens if I don't like the BOYO cam.

David

(I almost forgot...what's the image from the cam look like at night?)

Abe-

Here are the pics from the Pioneer ND-BC2 backup camera.

Shot of my Wife's Camry viewed on the Z2

camera-pic-001.jpg

Shot of the Z2 display from the Driver's perspective

camera-pic-002.jpg

Distance between vehicles (about 2 feet, 8 inches)

camera-pic-003.jpg

Shot of temporary camera mount (think it's theft-proof?)

camera-pic-004.jpg

I may go back to the drawing board, and try to come up with a mount for this camera. Here is a shot of what I have come up with so far. The piece in tan is the housing for the camera that would bolt on the trailer hitch.

camera-pic-005.jpg

The place that I bought it from has a 15% restock fee, as well as a $25 non-defective part return fee. I am going to find out how much of my $$$ I am going to get back before I end up sending it back. I might end up selling it if I can't figure out a decent mounting scheme.

David