AVIC411.com

Dual Layer copying question

OK so I want to make a back-up of my DVD/NAV disks, I went and purchased a 3 pack of Dual Layer 8.5GB dvd's. Downloaded the program to burn it and then found out my DVD burner will not burn Dual Layer dvd's.

Can anyone point me in the right direction where to go to get a back-up copy made? Kinko's, BestBuy,

Thanks ALL

Several Choices.....

Ebay: Spend Money letting someone else do the work for you

Walmart, Best Buy Etc: Go and purchase your own DL drive (which may or may not come in handy in future, P.S. this is the most expensive option)

Phone a Friend: *Ring-Ring*....... Hey Joe Dirt.... can I borrow your puter with the DL write drive for a few hours.... the Beers are on me... (this would be the cheapest option)

FYI: Not many places will burn a copy of a copyright protected dvd for you :wink:

I've never heard of a place that will let you walk in and burn a disk... But that might be because I've never actually tried to. Maybe kinko's does that? I don't know. I know you can't do it at best buy or anything like that.

You could always buy a DL DVD burner. They're pretty cheap. You can pick one up for less than $30.

Something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827129018

Although you'll probably pay like $5 more if you're computer uses a SATA interface rather than an IDE interface. Just don't go to Best Buy or Circuit City or any place like that to buy one because you'll probably end up paying triple that price. I bought that same drive from Newegg.com and it works beautifully.