AVIC411.com

Avic-n1 running N3 software questions

I dont know for sure, and I am have the same problem and would love to get the new IPOD and interface.
But looking at Pioneer's site, it looks like even if you buy the newer IPOD adapter for the N1, you will not ge tthe new interface, that is hardware specific to the N3 I guess.

Some please correct me if I am wrong.
[quote name="pscott"]i emailed pioneer. they told me if you put in the n3 discs AND YOU HAVE THE NEW IPOD Adapter, you WILL get all the new features. however, you will be locked out of viewing movies in motion and changing map directions in motion.[/quote]

are you sure? I think you are incorrect as the N3 has some extra ipod support....

I just updated my n1 to the n3 software and everything worked the same, my xm and ipod. No difference.

Yes, it will disable dvd playback unless you bypass
  • 2 weeks later...
The new iPod interface requires a new microcontroller, part #PE5546A. It is in the hideaway brain. It's a direct replacement for the PE5412A in the N1 or PE5412B in the N2. It's a 77-pin part so you have to be fairly skilled with SMD rework to swap it out.

I don't know for sure this will give you the new iPod interface, but it should, because it's the only hardware difference between N1/N2 vs N3.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
[url=https://www.ued.net/ued/addItems.do?itemCode=PNRPE5546A]https://www.ued.net/ued/addItems.do?itemCode=PNRPE5546A[/url]

I ordered my chip from there 2 weeks ago and now they said it has been discontinued.

Anyone know any where else where I might be able to purchase the chip?
Doing the work my self