AVIC411.com

Where to get a June Z1?

[quote name="ufd108"]So, since Pioneer is screwing us once again, does anyone know where you can still get a June '06 or older Z1 from a legitimate dealer? I was just about to order one from 6ave when I read that the July units no longer allow you to bypass the BS lockout.[/quote]

hmmm, this is news, by BS lockout are you referring to the functions that are normally unlocked by installing a ducati boy flasher circuit?

Sorry i guess i am just not familiar with the term BS lockout.

Good information to know as i will be buying one soon from 6ave.

thanks.
It appears the units made in June 06 have had the flasher bypass fixed. I just bought a new unit and couldn't get the ducati boy flasher circuit to work. Sent it back since the cd wouldnt eject and got another June 06 Z1. After installing it, I tried the flasher bypass but, just as in the first one, this one too did not open up all the functions after flashing my light at boot up. I did not install the circuit since it would do the same thing as I did manually.

It appears pioneer closed the back door or at least buried it deeper into the software. I guess there is no marine application anymore.

Bummer
[quote name="dsrtlawman"]It appears the units made in June 06 have had the flasher bypass fixed. I just bought a new unit and couldn't get the ducati boy flasher circuit to work. Sent it back since the cd wouldnt eject and got another June 06 Z1. After installing it, I tried the flasher bypass but, just as in the first one, this one too did not open up all the functions after flashing my light at boot up. I did not install the circuit since it would do the same thing as I did manually.

It appears pioneer closed the back door or at least buried it deeper into the software. I guess there is no marine application anymore.

Bummer[/quote]

There is a report of a guy with a July 06 working and all of the June 06 ones are working (as far as I know).
[url=http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1278&start=19]http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1278&start=19[/url]
I would be very surprised if you have a June 06 not working and someone else has a July 06 that works. It seems like the cut off date for this change from pioneer is in July not June. Are you sure you have tested this correctly?
[quote name="lcstyle"] [quote name="ufd108"]So, since Pioneer is screwing us once again, does anyone know where you can still get a June '06 or older Z1 from a legitimate dealer? I was just about to order one from 6ave when I read that the July units no longer allow you to bypass the BS lockout.[/quote]

hmmm, this is news, by BS lockout are you referring to the functions that are normally unlocked by installing a ducati boy flasher circuit?

Sorry i guess i am just not familiar with the term BS lockout.

Good information to know as i will be buying one soon from 6ave.

thanks.[/quote]

Sorry. Yes, I'm referring to those functions.

I was using BS as an abreviation for bull$#!t, because that is what I think of the lockout function.
[quote name="Ashokrts"]I had no idea Pioneer changed the software on units made in/after July, thank God I got one made a few months earlier... There might be some dealers here in MI that have some "older" units available.[/quote]

just passed by my local popular car audio shop and the guy there said the july units were working with the on off light flashing thing, so im not sure which way to go on this till there is more detailed information on some of the newer units.
We need a new sticky. Similar to the one done for the blue tooth adapter and which cell phone worked with it (as far as uploading your contacts list). Well, I think we need a poll of who has a AVIC-Z1 along with the following information:

What month was your Z1 manufactured?

What vehicle is it installed in?

Do you have anything extra added to your car (remote start, alarm, keyless entry)?

Did you install the flasher yourself or did a shop do it?

Do you have daytime running lights?

Was your AVIC-Z1 made in China? Canada? Mexico? or the US?

Was your AVIC-Z1 a refurb unit or new (don't know how easily we can find that out)?

What software version is your AVIC-Z1 running?

I believe the answers to the above would give us a better starting point on being able to answer the question of whether the flasher trick still works.