AVIC411.com

anyone dealt with photo dynasty?

Last week, Friday, I purchased an AVIC D3X thru Photo Dynasty. The price was awesome, and couple that with a $200 rebate from Pioneer...that rocks!!

The next day I get a call from a sales person, saying he was from Photo Dynasty, asking me what ISP I was using????? Apparently a ploy to "speak" with me (more like attempt to upsell an idiot). He asked what nav DVD's did I want to purchase, the US or the Europe version, for $149. I told him it came with the nav discs......."oh yeah, you are right sir!" he replies. We can ship that overninght for $49. "thanks but I paid for the 4-6 days shipping at $12.95" I said......."oh yeah, you are right sir!" he replies.

He then says it's on backorder, and will be shipped in 5 to 6 weeks.

I quickly asked him to cancel my order. When I called back to verify my order had been canceled, they told me my order number was incorrect (even though I did a print screen of the final closing window). I tell the guy that it's the right number, he asks for it again, and quickly said it was canceled. I think he was giving me a bunch of false words.

Don't use Photo Dynasty!!! I found bestpricecameras.com to be the same price. Only issue there was, I called, they said they had plenty in stock. I ordered ass soon as I hung up the phone. Called the next day, and it's a 2 week backorder delay....still with enough time to get that killer rebate.

Happy shopping, I can't wait to get my D3 installed and put to use.

There were a few places like this. You buy something for a seemingly amazing price. The next day they give you a phone call under flase pretenses in an attempt to sell you extra items an really overinflated prices, or attempt to get you to pay extra money for the items that come free with what you bought. If in the end, you turn down their "offers" they inform you that your item is on back order and will tale a ridiculous amount of time to be delivered.

There's an entire site full of complaint stories about these sites somewhere. Somebody made a topic about it here before... I don't know where...

But anyway. Steer clear of them. Always buy from a trusted, reputable source, because by paying that extra money you're buying peace of mind.

Because it's all the same company. They just have like 20 different names they use. And it's not just car stereo stuff. It's pretty much everything. They've been reported to the better business bureau hundreds of times, but they've done nothing about it.

READ THIS:

http://search.newyork.bbb.org/reports.aspx?id=12668

Stay away from PhotoDynasty and BestPriceCamera as stated. They are the same company, I called both before placing an order. The cheap price is a ploy to get you to order, but if you call they will tell you they are on backorder, one guy even told me they will never sell Pioneer again. They try to sell you other stuff though. Calling each place gets you to the same exact phone center.

I found the best price to be at Abt.com. I got the AVIC-D3Y package for $795 - 200rebate = $595. Great price for the D3, bluetooth, and ipod adapter which is what comes in the D3Y package. You wouldnt get the rebate from those photo sites either, only authorized retailers, which abt.com is. By far the best deal I found after a couple days of searching.

http://www.abt.com/product/31555.html