AVIC411.com

07 Dodge Nitro AVIC D3

I have an 07 Nitro with a D3 installed. I also have the ipod attachment. I have a few questions about the functions.

- is D3 navigation as good as Garmin C330?

- will video from ipod show up on D3 screen if so how to do it

- I have a VSS cable hooked up but speed pulse has never worked

- unit does not dim automatically & installer says pioneer units usually don't dim automatically

- playing a dvd while vehicle is in motion, can it be done & how?

post-18217-12872754207187_thumb.jpg

- is D3 navigation as good as Garmin C330?

No, it's rather lackluster... it's got some funny routing issues and sometimes can't find addresses... but what can you expect from a unit that does so much and costs that little, right?

- will video from ipod show up on D3 screen if so how to do it

What generation ipod do you have? If it's one of the current gen ipods, it will not. If it's an older model, yes it will.

- I have a VSS cable hooked up but speed pulse has never worked

Then you either have it hooked to the wrong wire or it's connected poorly/not at all.

- unit does not dim automatically & installer says pioneer units usually don't dim automatically

There is an illumination wire on the back of the unit. When hooked to the vehicle's illumination wire, the D3 should dim when the lights are turned on. I'm guessing he did not hook it up and gave you the "well they usually don't..." response because he was either lazy, or incompetent.

- playing a dvd while vehicle is in motion, can it be done & how?

Read one or all of the 4 stickied topics at the top of the D-series Hacks/Mods board. It's a piece of cake. You just ground two wires and relocate one wire on the radio's harness.