AVIC411.com

Avic D3 Always Powered On

Hi all, I was referred to these forums from a friend on another car site to hopefully help with a question.

I just installed my Avic-D3 and it all went well, no problems with navigation, the camera, or any bypass I did (or so I thought). However, after testing the system I turned off the car (2005 Nissan Xterra) and the stereo stayed on; with the keys out of the ignition.

As a temporary fix, I changed the power cable (yellow) to connect to the Acc (accessory cable). Though this made the D3 turn off when the keys are out, now most of my background settings are reset every time I turn off the car. It does remember addresses (home and such), but not background settings or it resets the camera to off every time as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi all, I was referred to these forums from a friend on another car site to hopefully help with a question.

I just installed my Avic-D3 and it all went well, no problems with navigation, the camera, or any bypass I did (or so I thought). However, after testing the system I turned off the car (2005 Nissan Xterra) and the stereo stayed on; with the keys out of the ignition.

As a temporary fix, I changed the power cable (yellow) to connect to the Acc (accessory cable). Though this made the D3 turn off when the keys are out, now most of my background settings are reset every time I turn off the car. It does remember addresses (home and such), but not background settings or it resets the camera to off every time as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

On your D3, what do you have red wire attached to your car? If your D3 is staying on when the keys are out of the ignition, then you're using connecting your D3 red wire to something that is still has power when the keys are out. I suggest hooking up the red D3 wire to you ACC on your main harness or on something that only has power when the car is on (car cigarette lighter if you confirm it does not get power with the keys out of the ignition).

I don't have it out right now (and don't remember), but this definitely answers my question. I thought the problem was my connection with the always live wire (yellow), so I connected that to the ACC. I'll just pop it out when I get home and connect the always live back to the always live (yellow to yellow) and then make sure my D3 red wire is connected to the ACC.

Thanks a bunch!

I don't have it out right now (and don't remember), but this definitely answers my question. I thought the problem was my connection with the always live wire (yellow), so I connected that to the ACC. I'll just pop it out when I get home and connect the always live back to the always live (yellow to yellow) and then make sure my D3 red wire is connected to the ACC.

Thanks a bunch!

yw. Hope you're successful with the rewiring of the yellow and red wires

Did you try opening the car door with the key out of the ignition? My Ford will stay on for 15 minutes with the key out unless I open the door, in which case it shuts everything off.

Did you read anything besides the topic title?

Erick you have the Red wire connected to the permanent power. like si1point6 said the yellow wire is the constant not the red one. i just finish the install in my 2005 Xterra today and I am not having that problem. i am using the connecting harness that Crutchfield sent me. It is a lot easier if you use one. The Xterra wires are not the standar color so with out a wiring harness you will go crazy trying to guess the wires.

Good luck.

cc