AVIC411.com

N1 head unit to a N2 or N3

I’ve looked and searched the site and can’t find a definitive answer for this, so hear it goes;

I have a N1 with upgraded software and no bypass mod. I don’t want to open the HU up to do the mod, so I was thinking of upgrading the HU only to either a N2 or N3 (easier bypass mod).

Is it as simple as exchanging the HU only?

Do all the wires, cables and harness match up?

If I upgrade the “brain†as well, can I use the same harness so I don’t have to tear apart the truck again?

• 2 months later...
I’ve looked and searched the site and can’t find a definitive answer for this, so hear it goes;

I have a N1 with upgraded software and no bypass mod. I don’t want to open the HU up to do the mod, so I was thinking of upgrading the HU only to either a N2 or N3 (easier bypass mod).

Is it as simple as exchanging the HU only?

Do all the wires, cables and harness match up?

If I upgrade the “brain†as well, can I use the same harness so I don’t have to tear apart the truck again?

If I were going to upgrade I'd change the brain too. While the cable will plug in, you still need to disconnect and ground the parking brake wire if it's hooked up. Hope that helps.

regards

~Marc