AVIC411.com

Letter to Pioneer

This is a copy of the letter that I sent to Pioneer today, hopefully I will get an answer soon from them and I will post them...

May 6, 2008

Attn: Customer Complaints

I have sent five emails and still no response from anyone... I would like to get a response from some one... I have purchased a D3 and I have a few complaints about it and would like to know if these issues are going to be fixed...

1. There has to be better compatibility with the CDP-1280. When I put a CD directly into the D3 it tells me everything in the detail screen (The name of the song and the album) and it also gives me a song list on a different screen. Why cant I get that information from the the CD's in the CDP-1280. Why is that info only on top and I have to keep pressing details to get the info I want. Also why does it list CD's as "1,2,3,4,etc..." instead of by the CD name. You want me to memorize 12 CDs and the order they are in? That is ridiculous.

2. The compatibility with the XM tuners. I think I have the Gex-910 unit. Why can't the information be displayed all at once on the detail screen. Name, Station, etc... Why do I have to keep pressing details to get that info. Also the preset channels are listed as "preset 1, preset 2.. etc...) why can't the presets at least tell me the channel number or name?

3. The hardware buttons under the volume knob (forward and reverse) should change the presets not the channel or radio frequency. For example if I am listening to the radio and I want to get to my next preset I cannot press the forward button because it will increase the station by .1mhz instead of going to my next preset. Same thing for XM instead of going to my nexr preset it goes to the next channel. At least make it an option in the system settings...

These problems can easily be solved with some simple programming and it will make this product so much more enjoyable…

Hmm, you don't know what XM module you have and you want fixes?

Answer to question 2. My XM module does do this, I see what station I am on, and the name of the artist, song title and preset all on the screen at once. My presets are the channel number, not just preset 1,2,3....

Answer to question 3. Just hit the up or down and you will scan through all your presets, seems to work fine on mine.

1. the guy who installed the unit for me is a good friend of mine and gave me the xm unit for free and I forgot to check it before he installed it and now it in my trunk under panels so I can't look at it. He told me that he thinks it is the 910 model but he can't remember for sure... Regardless, it is a Pioneer Unit and it should do all of the things that your unit does becuase they both get the same information.

2. Your D3 has up and down buttons? Because mine has only Menu, Map, Volume knob, forward and reverse.... I am pretty sure your's is the same way....

I was talking about the touch keys yes, I figure if I am reaching to the HU I might as well use the touch screen. I have steering controls so I very rarely reach to the HU.

If you have the 10 you should be able to tell in the hardware section, the D3 will pick up the module and tell you about reception and connection, unlike my 920. My guess is you have a Terk.