AVIC411.com

Installation in 2006 Corolla

I have not been able to determine if the Z1 can be installed in a 2006 Toyota Corolla. When I checked at Tweeter they could not find an in-dash installation kit for the 2006 Corolla and told me the curve of the dash was the problem of using older kits. Has anybody installed in a 2006 Corolla? Thanks.
yes i have put headunits into 02-06 corollas. i have only seen a single din kit made by american international that is curvy. but i have not seen ne double kits for the new corollas if ur planning to put a z1 in. the size of the kit looks like u could fit a double din headunit in but it is held in by four 10mm bolts in the bottom and the entire dash wit the vents. i don't know if a kit would be able to support double dins since they r fairly heavy.
I do not know anybody that can do a custom install here in Maryland and I am not sure how to find one that I can trust to do a good job. My son went to a local installer to have subwoofers installed and they did not do a very good job and they used standard off the shelf parts. The wire from the battery was too small and burnt up and the amp is always overheating so I am leary of small mom & pop shops. Your install looks good but I am not sure about the Z1 anyway now that I have found many of the nav features are turned off when the car is in motion. Thanks for your input.
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name="yamahatundrav8"]it can be done hear's an install

[img]http://www.tundrasolutions.com/photopost/data/500/AVN_install.jpg[/img][/quote]

Do you know where the installer got the install kit that had the face frame with the correct curves or were they able to use the original face frame?

Thanks
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...