AVIC411.com

backup camera works in av input but not review camera input?

Sounds like the same thing that happend to mine.
Even though its your second z1, its a common problem.

I had to send it in for warranty work to replace a processor that controls that video input. I knew the camera was good, since it worked on the AV input.

See this thread
[url=http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9060&highlight=#9060]http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... ight=#9060[/url]
Just as an fyi, my backup camera flickers in and out sometimes and I didn't know y. Because of the forum i know the answer but dont want to trade in to get a new unlockable version. My installer had a switch put in so that when i flip up full power to camera and when down it only comes on in reverse, rearview mode will show black screen. Well when my screen blacks out due to the Z1 i flip the switch down then back up and rearview mode come right back on again. dont know y it works but i have no problems anymore
I have experienced the same problem where my back up will work in one instance, then don't in another.

I don't think it has anything to do with the wires being bent. One unit, as it was being installed by my installer didn't work at all. We used both a Pioneer and non-pioneer cam and the results were the same. However, when we routed through the AV, it worked...conclusion...not camera.

I don't want to send a unit to be repair...I want an completely new unit. So, I'll call the place where I bought mine and see if they'll replace it. I hope...
Now my back up cam is not showing anything. Called Pioneer and spoke to Mike...took him a while to comprehend what the problem was. It seems as if he was trying to talk me out of what i knew to be the problem. Finally, he acknowledged the problem and told me to have the dealer replace it.

I asked for either his extension or the first initial of his last name and he refused. So I asked to be transferred to a manager. I received a voicemail. I subsequently left a message for the Manager, Rocky. I then called my dealer and told him what Pioneer said. My dealer noted he would call his contact in Pioneer to confirm.

I then received a call from Rocky. Very cool guy. Apparently, Pioneer monitors this site. They are aware of the problems. I feel comfortable that in the end result Pioneer will do the right thing. Now i'm waiting to see if my dealer do a switch...that would be easiest as opposed to paying to have the unit removed, shipped, wait for the return, then reinstall....awwwwwg!