AVIC411.com

any hope for a fix for the new z1's ?

Well, so far so good. I just got back from dropping off my SUV to have a whole bunch of stuff installed (including the AVIC-Z1). The shop opened at 9 and I was the first one there. I had an appointment for this morning. So, it didn't matter if others were there before me. Anyway, as soon as I saw the guy I asked him what the manufactured dates on the AVIC-Z1s that he had in stock were. He told me he would have to go check. I asked him if he had any that were manufactured before July 2006 that I wanted it. He came back with one that had June 2006 stamped on the side next to the serial. So, in 48 hours I will know if I have a fully unlocked Z1 or not. Pray for me fellas. :D
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have asked this question in another thread but have not gotten any answers so thought I would try it here. Do the voice commands work while you are driving or are they locked out too, meaning I cannot manually enter a new address while driving but can I cancel the current navigation and enter a new address through voice while moving? Can I have the unit search for a resturant through voice commands while driving? Can I have the unit dial a number through voice commands while driving? If the voice commands work then the unit is not really crippled.