AVIC411.com

Hello, first off IM NEW HERE.

i just got my avic-z1 about a month ago, i installed it fine with the bypassed wires and everything was fine. but i then i was testing out something in my brothers car when all the sudden the 12v constant wire touched the ground wire, and the cars FUSE burned after we replaced it, it seems that the subwoofer OUTPUTS dont work anymore. all i hear is MONOTONE bass that doesnt bump or do anything. i got the unit off ebay as factory refurbished so i called pioneer customer support and they couldnt do anything because EBAY isnt a authorized pioneer dealer.

PLEASE HELP, if anybody knows how to repair this please help, i had saved up for this unit for MONTHS only so it wouldnt work properly. :cry::cry:

i just got my avic-z1 about a month ago, i installed it fine with the bypassed wires and everything was fine. but i then i was testing out something in my brothers car when all the sudden the 12v constant wire touched the ground wire, and the cars FUSE burned after we replaced it, it seems that the subwoofer inputs dont work anymore. all i hear is MONOTONE bass that doesn't bump or do anything. i got the unit off ebay as factory refurbished so i called pioneer customer support and they couldnt do anything because EBAY isnt a authorized pioneer dealer.

PLEASE HELP, if anybody knows how to repair this please help, i had saved up for this unit for MONTHS only so it wouldnt work properly. :cry::cry:

Reading your post it's hard to figure out what you did. From what I gather you:

1. Installed your Z1 in YOUR car. Worked fine.

2. Uninstalled your Z1 from your car and re-installed in your brothers car?

3. Touched the 12+ from the car to the Z1's ground wire?

4. Re-installed the unit in YOUR car, and now the subwoofer OUTPUTS (you said inputs, but there is no sub-in on the unit) creates a humm.

In a subsequent post you said you're not using the RCA's, correct? So you are using the violet and violet/black wires for sub signal and those are directly wired to the sub with no external amp, correct?

i just got my avic-z1 about a month ago, i installed it fine with the bypassed wires and everything was fine. but i then i was testing out something in my brothers car when all the sudden the 12v constant wire touched the ground wire, and the cars FUSE burned after we replaced it, it seems that the subwoofer inputs dont work anymore. all i hear is MONOTONE bass that doesn't bump or do anything. i got the unit off ebay as factory refurbished so i called pioneer customer support and they couldnt do anything because EBAY isnt a authorized pioneer dealer.

Reading your post it's hard to figure out what you did. From what I gather you:

1. Installed your Z1 in YOUR car. Worked fine.

2. Uninstalled your Z1 from your car and re-installed in your brothers car?

3. Touched the 12+ from the car to the Z1's ground wire?

4. Re-installed the unit in YOUR car, and now the subwoofer OUTPUTS (you said inputs, but there is no sub-in on the unit) creates a humm.

In a subsequent post you said you're not using the RCA's, correct? So you are using the violet and violet/black wires for sub signal and those are directly wired to the sub with no external amp, correct?

all the steps you mentiond are correct. except the part where im not using the rca's correct. i AM using them correctly, i have them connected to the subwoofer OUTPUT(sorry for the mistake of putting input)from the radio, to an EXTERNAL AMP (hifonics). then from amp to bass speakers.

What im using now just to get through, is a "Line out converter" which is working fine, but i obviously cant control bass through radio anymore so it doesnt sound AS good.

I wasn't saying you weren't using them correctly (how does one use them incorrectly? They're pretty self explanatory, right? :lol: ). I was trying to find out if you were using them at all.

So your getting a clean signal from the line level converter to the amp? So, line converter from rear speaker lines to the amp, correct...I mean, right?

If your getting a clean signal with the converter from the rear speakers to the amp then your unit most likely has a blown circuit on the sub output OR maybe you've got a bad RCA cable OR something touching back there that shouldn't. I know my unit is CRAMMED into my dash.

If it were me I'd do a hard reset, reconfirm all connections (make sure nothing is touching that sub-output and replace the RCA cable and try again just to be sure). I've done lots of installs where I've had ground loop or other interference problems after install; gone back in to look for the problem, not find anything, reinstall, and the problems gone. Murphy's Law.

If none of that works and your not satisfied with the line converter (I wouldn't be either) then the only option is to send her back to Pioneer.

Good luck, I hope it works out.

Thanks for the reply. it definetly has to be a blown circuit because my rca's are fairly new, and i made sure nothing was touching when i installed it. i know what you mean when you said everything is crammed in. but i didnt have the radio IN its slot when i was trying to figure out what was wrong.

im going to do the hard reset and HOPE that it works. if it doesnt ima try and get either a repair or exchange from the person i bought it from.(ebay). wont be easy... and if THAT doesnt work, ima try and repair it myself, i have pretty good soldering skills. you think it would be hard finding the blown circuit?

Thanks for ALL the advice.

It would be extremely hard to find a blown circuit unless you know your way around a board,know how to use an oscilloscope and know what part of the board controls the subs.Then you would have to unsolder computer solders ,in sometimes very close confines inwhich some components cannot receive a lot of heat.Excessive heat causes damage and you can't always attach a heat sink.All blown circuits don't aways show burnt areas either.So unless you have mad electronic skills I would get it repaired.

It would be extremely hard to find a blown circuit unless you know your way around a board,know how to use an oscilloscope and know what part of the board controls the subs.Then you would have to unsolder computer solders ,in sometimes very close confines inwhich some components cannot receive a lot of heat.Excessive heat causes damage and you can't always attach a heat sink.All blown circuits don't aways show burnt areas either.So unless you have mad electronic skills I would get it repaired.

+1 8)

Send it in for the pro's to fix it, unless you're a board level electronics nut :!: